cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client side NWDS Hardware Req after ESS Track import.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have imported the ESS Web Dynpros into my NWDS using the ESSTracks mentioned in the cookbook.

But after this import of ESS Web dynpro, my PC has become very slow (when i open NWDS). Even expanding the project tree in NDWS takes lot of time...

I am having 512 RAM.

Please let me know what are the minimum hardware req. for Working withthe SAP Standard DCs in NWDS? How much mem is required?

Is there any note available or SAP document for this?

Regards

Gaurav Gandhi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Guarav,

512MB RAM is enough for using NWDS. There are no other hardware requirements.

Just try restarting your PC:-)

Regards

Sidharth

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try to identify the cause of this performance problem? Is is heavy CPU usage (what rating does your CPU have?), heavy HD usage or something else? Please check these factors together with the memory consumption. Remember that laptop HD's tend to be slow, so if the OS starts swapping, this becomes a real bottleneck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Following are the software and Hardware requirements.

The SAP Netweaver doveloper studio can be installed with the SAP web application server or it can be installed on its own

. System prereuisites for IDE

-512MB RAM Recommended

-300MB disc space

-JDK 1.3.0_07 or higher

-IE 5.5 or Higher

.All in one installation SAP webapplication server plus IDE

.Default local doveloper studio path

-C:/program files/SAP/JDT/Eclipse

.Default local workspace path

-C:/Documents and Settings/all users/documents/SAP/Workspace

Hope this helped you

Regards,

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat & Siddharth,

Thanx for the reply.

I do restarted the my PC everytime but again after sometime after opeaning NWDS, my PC becomes slow.

My PC satisfies all the requirements as mentioned by Venkat, but still it becomes very slow.

Venkat: Do you have some note or some doc which says this all...

Right now since i am the only person in my team who has copied the DCs in NWDS but this is the condition of my PC, then what will happen if all the other developers also configure there NWDS for JDI & DTR?

None of our work will be finished on time with such a speed..:-(

Regards

Gaurav Gandhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Please refer the following Docs'

1)https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/1758b070-0601-0010-2e91-998adbda66e0

which version of NWDS you are using,its better to maintain NWDS,JDI and WAS of same version and SP level.

why don't you totally uninstall NWDS and freshly install NWDS.

My workstation also has the same configurion which i mentioned earlier,it works at my phase no problem at all..

May be this info helped you...

Regards,

RK