cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CMS Track Checkin & SDM Error - URGENT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My requirement was to import the ESS Components into my Developer studio. Using the Cookbook, i defined the tracks.

I am having the JDI server diff and the developement server (portal+web dynpro) diff. on my developemet server, the ESS components are already running and in use.

Now while defining the runtime systems, i entered the developement server host as the developement system and performed the check-in.

1) Now while i performed check-in, i found that in the developement Server SDM logs, the log is showing the lines like "Loading ESTrack into repository..."

2) Also after this the Developement server SDM has also gone down and its not comming up..even after restart of server its not comming up.

Its giving error that, the "Port 52018 is already in use"

Please help me to solve the problem.

Regards

Gaurav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

You may need to check if SDM port is being used by some application.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

Thanx for the reply.

Please let me know how to check that? and what to do after that?

Also can you tell me about the following error:

Error while reading the SDM repository. Error message is:

com.sap.sdm.persistency.FileCantReadException: Can't read

file /usr/sap/<>/JC20/SDM/program/config/sdmrepository.sdc

Error while reading the SDM repository.

Could not start SDM. Severe (internal) error. Return code: 1

Also please let me know the answer to my other question abt the messages in the log file..Is that OK? Is it correct that the SCA files gets deployed into the Developement Server.?

Regards

Gaurav Gandhi

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Regarding the exception can you please check whether the file sdmrepository.sdc is present in the folder /usr/sap/<InstanceID>/JC<InstanceNr>/SDM/program/config folder of the server in which you are trying to deploy your application.

This file stores all the configuration info. Also open this file with wordpad and check what value is stored in the tags <GuiPort>. This file is in an xml format.

Also what you can do is that you can trying logging in to SDM using the GUI to check whether you get the same error.

For windows you can use a utility from Microsoft like Port Reporter which shows a list fo applications and ports being used by them. For other OS you may have to search the web.

Also i was not able to find your other message. Can you post the link to that.

Hope this is helpful.

Regards

Sidharth