cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP on MSCS Cluster pros and cons

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have a setup of SAP ECC6.0, SQL Server 2005, Win 2003. Can anyone guide me the pros & cons of configuring SAP system in clustered environment.

Best Regards

Rupali S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Currently I would not go for the MSCS.

Removing the Enque handling from the SPOF has not been implemented correctly in SAPInst.

During Installation with the local share.

During System Copy with the hostnames (nodes v.s. cluster)

Worst is if you are using ABAP & JAVA in the cluster. -Prepare for massive manual editing of big XML-files.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars, I've already installed a MSCS and didn't have any problems that you have said.

I've configured two nodes and one CI Server.

Regards,

Darwin Castillo

SAP Netweaver System Administrator

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

former_member433984
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Currently I would not go for the MSCS.

> Removing the Enque handling from the SPOF has not been implemented correctly in SAPInst.

> During Installation with the local share.

> During System Copy with the hostnames (nodes v.s. cluster)

>

>

> Worst is if you are using ABAP & JAVA in the cluster. -Prepare for massive manual editing of big XML-files.

@Lars, would be nice to hear more details for your troubles? Do you have the SAP case number? Simply saying that something is bad without any facts is not enough....

@Rupali, this might be useful for you

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e0b8cd93-f1e9-2910-c186-86bfff3d...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rupali, in my opinion these are the Pros and Cons:

Pros:

- Almost no downtime

- Better performance, because at NW 7.0 you can install a Dialog Instance at each cluster node

Cons:

- Expensive infrastructure

- Intensive administration

These are some of the Pros & Cons, but it'll differ if you have different requirements.

Regards,

Darwin Castillo

SAP Netweaver System Administrator

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.