cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Copy for SAP NetWeaver 04

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've installed the ABAP version of SAP Netweaver 04 (after a bit of excitement) and everything seems to be working fine.

I would like to do a client copy however, before doing any real fooling around in the system. Being an ABAPer by trade I'm not familiar with many basis aspects of SAP.

My question: After logging on client 000 with userid bcuser I created client 100 which I would like to copy 000 into. It seems as if I have to be in client 100 to copy from 000, but I don't know any of any userids in client 100. I tried logging in with userid SAP* and passwords 06071992 and PASS but had no luck.

Has anyone else done a client copy and can you please steer me in the right direction. Thank you.

Alan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

adding the login parameter on your profile does work. so the status of the question should be on answered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Turns out the password is pass (not upper case). Hope I didn't waste too may peoples time.

Al

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried with the password "pass" (lower case) and also without success!. I can't logon in to new created client 200 as a sap*??!!

thx on the help and answers

Boris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is a new profile parameter

login/no_automatic_user_sapstar

By default SAP* is disabled.

Regards

Guido

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Guido said u ahve to change the parameter value of

login/no_automatic_user_sapstar. The default value of this parameter is 1 have to change it by 0.

U can change it by Transaction RZ10 -- select instance profile -- extended mode -- change then create parameter -- enter the parameter name and change the value.

After that restart ur server and then u will be able to login into new client by SAP*.

Hope it will solve ur problem.

Regards

Subhash