cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*BARCODE USING SMARTFORMS*

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts,

i need examples on barcodes using smartforms......

in smartform dev(wht are the fields to take)

rewards points will be there....

thanks and regards

fareeda

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fareeda,

To print a barcode in a smart form,you need to create a character format for the barcode.

TO create a character format,you need to do it in SMARTSTYLES tcode.

Follow these steps:

Go to the SMARTSTYLES tcode.

Give a name to your style and create it.

Give a description and save it.

On the left hand side of the window,you will find character formats.

Click on it and press F5.

Give a name to the character format and select OK.

Give a description for the character format and save it.

There you will find a tab by name General Settings.In that Tab you will find BarCode.

Select any one of the style for the barcode as per your requirement.This is the name of the barcode.

Now save the character format and activate the samrtstyle.

To use the bar code in the form,follow these steps:

now in the window,you will find a tab by name OUTPUT OPTIONS.Ther give the name of the style same as the name that you have created in the SMARTSTYLES.

In the text element window,Select the character format that you have created in the smartstyles.

Now in the text elements of the window, type the field name for which you want to print the bar code in the following way to print the bar code:

&<work area/table name >-<field name>&

Regards,

Kaushik

andres_galeano2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik, i have do this all steps, and works good, and i can see the barcode in print previsualization, but when i send it to the print (HP LaserJet 4250 PCL 5), no print the barcode, instead of thata pints space (blank)... what happend here? any ideas? Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create a smartstyle using SMARTSTYLES t-code. There in the Character Formats node you can create your own barcode style. There is a block designed for this. For example I used C128A encoding ..

Then you can write any field using this style and it apears in barcodes.

Hope this helps..