cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOCs not seen in XI (idx5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am working on a scenario which deals with extracting IDOCs from R/3 converting it into xml in XI and putting it in the ftp folder of MDM. I have completed all the relevant ALE settings between the systems, the designing and configuration in XI. I extract the idocs using a transaction mdm_clnt_extr. It gets extracted successfully. In WE02 it shows that the idocs have been dispatched successfully. there is no entry in SM58 either. However, in the XI side in T code IDX5 there is no entry of any IDOC. Can anyone tell me what could be the reason. Or is there any other check left for me to do. Please help.

Thanks ,

Merrilly

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Merrilly,

also check SM58

Regards Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have checked in both BD87and BD75. I also checked in SM58. The idocs have been sent. Since, I do not have access to SMQ1 and SMQ2, I have raised the issue with the Basis team. Waiting for their reply.

Meanwhile, Isn't there any other explanation for the same?

Thanks for your help so far,

Merrilly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sounds like the inbound queue maybe stuck and not processing?

Have the queues been registered?

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the following:

1. In the partner profile, are u collecting idoc or transferring it immediately.

2. The idoc metadata is loaded in idx2 of XI or not. if not try to load it manually.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

I'm collecting my idocs first and then am sending it. Should i change it to transfer immediatley? I have also loaded the metadata in IDX2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In BD87 you would have seen the satus of these!

If they are to be sent, change to send immediately.

If not, release them via BD87!

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes

change it to trasfer immediately in partner profile

if you are using collect then you will have to send Idocs manually from WE19

But if u set it to transfer immediately they will be triggered to XI automatically

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try with the transfer immediately processing option and then u ll come to know if the error lies at that point or not

Regards,

Prateek

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for all your tips so far. I carried out all that you told just now. In partner profile i changed it to transfer imediately.These are the results i get:

In SM58: It says no authorization to send IDOCs with message type DEBMDM.

In BD87 and WE02 the status is 03.

For the previous IDOCs, there is no entry in the queue either.

Why can't i send idocs of type debmdm?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Any solution to the problem? It's urgent. Please reply soon.

Thanks and regards,

Merrilly

Former Member
0 Kudos

It says no authorization to send IDOCs with message type DEBMDM.

have you created distribution model in BD64 for sending DEBMAS ?

If not you do it by specifying sender system as R/3 , receiver as XI and add message type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mugdha,

I have created the distribution model for the scenario. Let me tell you all the ALE settings I have done:

In R/3,

Defined Logical Systems for both R/3 and XI, Linked it to the client. Created the RFC destination, Created the port(we21), created partner profile for receiver. Distributed the model for sender.

In XI,

Created RFC destination, Maintained port in IDX1, Loaded metadata in IDX2.

Has anything been left out?

Thanks,

Merrilly

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are sending IDoc from MDM_CLIENT_EXTR then add message type MDMRECEIPT in distribution model from R/3 to XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did that also. The model has been distributed for message types DEBMDM and MDMRECEIPT.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure you have created partner profile for XI and added message type MDMRECEIPT as well in outbound parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mugdha,

As you said i added MDMRECEIPT in the putbound parameters also. This time i didn't get any entry in SM58, however the status of the idoc is still 03. It hasn't been dispatched as yet. Do i have to make a partner profile in XI or for XI in R/3?

Former Member
0 Kudos

For a quick fix, add SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW to the user profile.

This is an autorsation issue not an ALE Config issue.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to sm58 to check whether idoc got stuck in ale/rfc layer

If entries exist in SM58, look for Message Type. If message type exist and Run the Program "RSARFCEX"

If after the RSARFCEX program has ran and IDocs are not in SM58, issue should be solved. Validate in receiving system via WE05 that the IDoc was received. If IDoc is still stuck in SM58, check RFC connection. Go to SE37, enter function module RFC_PING.

In most of the case we'll not have access to SM59 to test the RFC Connection.

Hit test button, Enter RFC destination (the interface system of the IDoc). NOTE: when entering RFC destination, keep in mind the field is case sensitive.

Hit execute button

If function module fails, there is an RFC issue. Contact team, which creates the RFC Destination.

Regards Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear merrilly,

please check the RFC destination properly to which client and server it is mapped.

client should be u r XI client on which u r working

regards

Madhav Poosarla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Following all the suggestions, I had asked the Basis team to give me SAP_ALL to solve my problem. Now the Idocs are being sent from the R/3 system but they do not reach XI. IDX5 does not show any entry. There is no queue in SMQ1. What could be the problem?

Thanks and regards,

Merrilly

Edited by: Merrilly Mathew on Jan 21, 2008 6:22 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is the status in BD87?

Have they been sent?

If so, check the queues in SMQ1 and SMQ2.

Also, Check BD75