cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help on j2ee engine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I have problems starting j2ee engine, it shows the message “ Dispatcher running but no server connected” I assume that I have made the right configuration in the Instance profile according the inst guide. regarding the server name and the port in RZ10.

The strange thing is when I change the param “ MaxPermSize” in the configuration file and giv it a low value say 192M then the server runs and the dispatcher stoppes , and when I give it a high value , say 512M and above then the dispatcher runs and the server stoppes, how can I find the balance between the server and the dispatcher.

In the same way I can not log into the VA , I tried to make a new connection to connect to the VA , but it says that no connection to the ip number + port.

Any help would do

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First, please check the reason why the dispatcher VM and the server0 VM cannot start. You have to look into the traces:

/usr/sap/<SID>/<inst>/work/dev_server0

/usr/sap/<SID>/<inst>/work/std_server0.out

/usr/sap/<SID>/<inst>/work/dev_dispatcher

/usr/sap/<SID>/<inst>/work/std_dispatcher.out

If the tunning of the Xmx parameter really affects the startup, then probably your physical memory is not enough. Could you please check it? Also please note that for Win32 OS the process cannot exceed 1.7GB heap. So you have to check heap of the server VM. All that info is printed out in the traces above anyway.

kind regards,

Tsvetomir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhesh and Tsvetomir.

Thanks for your replay so far , I will try those tips and get back to you.

best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again

I looked into the trace file std_server0.out and found the following error

node name : server0

pid : 6408

system name : ERP

system nr. : 10

started at : Thu Jan 10 16:20:08 2008

Reserved 1610612736 (0x60000000) bytes before loading DLLs.

[Thr 6188] MtxInit: -2 0 0

Error occurred during initialization of VM

Could not reserve enough space for object heap

any sugestion how I can correct it.

best regrads.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Camilla,

The error "Could not reserve enough space for object heap" indicates that the java heap memory is set too high. As Tsvetomir has already stated, windows is limited to 1.7GB of contiguous address space. This space has to fit libraries, perm memory, and java heap. Typically the limit for java heap is around 1024MB or just slightly higher. Please set the Max Heap Size to 1024MB and adjust the parameter -Xms to 1024MB as well. The system should start. If it does not, this means that there is something fragmenting the address space (possibly a dll).

Regards,

Nathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fadel,

Please provide details of Versions of your J2EE engine.

Also meanwhile please try setting the MaxPermSize to 128M and start your J2EE Engine, if you still get the error, try changing the value to 256M.

Regards,

Siddhesh