cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to mount MDM server when logged in as non admin user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have SQL Server 2005 and MDM 5.5 installed. When installing i was logged in as admin and i could mount the MDM server.

The problem is when i logout admin and login as normal user and mount the server, the mdm server status in the console is "Server inaccessible". So I cannot start server and therefore am able to do nothing with it.

I have already granted full access to the SQL Server folder and MDM folder for this user but still get this problem.

If i relogin as admin i am able to successfully mount the server.

I am forbidden to run in admin mode all the time, but if any right needs to be grated to the normal user, i can do so.

Does anyone have any thoughts what specifically needs to be enabled for this non admin user for it to be able to load MDM server?

Thanks

Anant

PS. - points available to helpful answers.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction - services list. The problem was the service was not running when not in admin mode so i have modified this to auto run and now i can load it fine.

Point have been awarded

Thanks

Anant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anant,

Open the MDM Console and make user as per ur requirement by giving a username and password and assign Admin role to it.

Hope dis helps u

Regards Tejas........

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Tejas

How can i do what you mentioned? At the moment when i open MDM Console, most of the menu items are disabled, of the ones availble are mount, when i try mount and point to my sql server it shows up but with a yellow exclamation mark in the icon and status message "server inaccessible".

can you pleae elaborate how to create the user like you mentioned. would like to try to give that a shot.

Thanks

Anant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anant,

As u said u cannot mount any repository and u can see server in accessible.

Try restarting the MDM server or else restart the Services related to MDM.

You can do dis by Start -->> Run -->> services.msc

Hope dis helps u

Regards Tejas...........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

usually when you see the server invalid (by the Yellow triangle on each repositories) means that your MDM server and MDM Clients have different version. Please, checks the version and be sure these are the same, or server version is more recent of the clients one.

Take a look to this, may be it help:

Bye,

Vito

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anant,

MDM Console is an administrative tool so it is important to access as Admin, why you want to access with another user?

Regards,

Vito