cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal - XI - third party integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to integrate portal with a third party system using XI using SOAP adapters on both end. In XI do I need to define third party as "busines services" since I am using SOAP to communicate ?

I think I do not define portal in SLD.

Thanks

Steve

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For third party systems, defining the system as a business system in SLD does not bring any significant advantage if the sender and receiver are in different landscapes. Hence I would use a business service for the third party system if it is not in the same landscape.

For portal, you can go either way. You may have the Web AS running the portal defined in your SLD (This will have to be done if you want to use central monitoring and Netweaver administrator). You could use this definition for your business system in the integration directory. (as Portal is an application running in the Web AS)

Technically, for the SOAP adapter, defining or not defining the sender and receiver in SLD does not matter.

Regards,

Suresh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suresh,

I had defined the third party as a business system, so if I understood correctly based on your reply

Can leave as it ease since I am using third party software as a web service ?

Thanks for your time,

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Steve,

Is the third party system within your landscape?

If yes,you can use a business service for the third-party system. However if you have multiple interfaces exposed in your third-party system and if the third party system is within your landscape, it is advisable to enter the third party system as a business system once you are in the real implementation phase. You can manually create entries in the SLD for the installed products and software component versions, attach these to the 3rd party business system and import these software component versions in the integration repository. All the interfaces realized by your third party system will be organized under different namespaces under the imported software component version in the integration repository. Do you have to enter these details in the SLD and go through all this to get your web service to work? Definitely not. It is a matter of choice - I have seen SAP literature recommending the creation of third-party systems in SLD so that the SLD has all the details about the systems within the landscape.

If the 3rd party system is not within your landscape, I will not worry about SLD and define the system as a business service as you are using SOAP adapter to communicate.

Regards,

Suresh.