Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plug-in for generic Sync monitor in NWA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We are using MI server 6.4

We need to monitor the generic sync application.

When i am trying to open Generic Sync Queue Monitor in NWA , it is giving an error as:

" Cannot start plug-in:

Please can anyone suggest what plug-in needs to be installed. Or if any configuration is required to run it.

Thanks & Regards,

Sumit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

satyendra_dhar
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

Please follow the steps mentioned in the link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/43/69c4e3e4b751b8e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Satyendra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for your support.

I tried what you have asked me to do. But when I assigned that role to the user. But the problem is not only with the Generic sync queue monitor, it is giving the the same error

:Cannot start Plugin" for all tabs ie device maintainance, synchronization monitor etc..

please guide what could be the source for the problem..

thanks & regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I ran into that error as well.

So what I did was the two things I told you previously:

1.) change the user authorisation (this you have done)

2.) go through the setup guide. There you did setup several services on the J2EE lice JCO and so on. Checnge the users to a admin user with the roles that are descibed in the setup guide for MI-ADMIN role plus the role you added to the user in No.1

Well, this should fix the problem. The reason is:

The plugoin tries to use one of the connections to access the server. Unfortunately the user has not appropiate roles. And I do not mean your user this time, I mean the service user maintained in JCO tab. Because this is the case, the service fails - and cause all sefvices use that connection - none of them is working.

In my case that helped. So I have at the end one user with MI-ADMIN+this SAP J2EE Admin Role I mentione dpreviously and this user is for all JCO and so on technical connections.

I have a second user with the same rights and he logs on. That fixed the issue in my case.

Hope it works for you as well and it was not to much spanish

Oh- the URL to the setup guide you find in my last post.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the plugin is correct as long as you can see it in the J2EE - NWA screen - but some setup is missing or the user has inpropiate rights.

Easiest way: check the user - user nees SAP_JAVA_NWMOBILE_ADMIN_SUPER role added. Without that some other screens show the same exception.

If it still fails, check the settings and the users in:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/a3/583aef1baa6d42b22bedcb4dec5db9/frameset.htm

Mostly the users there are incorrect. To make it simple, I always use the ADMIN user for the connections, cause the user for service has some missing rights as well if setup like described in the setup guide.

Hope this helps to solve the issue.

Regards,

Oliver