cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TMS betwwen Development & Training system

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a three system landscape (dev ,qtsty & prd) now I have installed a new system(TRN) for training purpose so I want to configure an TMS between DEV & TRN so as to move the transport request from DEV to TRN .Is it possible to do .

If we do like that will it affect the existing three system landscape TMS.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Fernandez,

This is not hard to configure, and you can set it up so it will not negatively impact your existing three-system landscape.

First, on the new training system, go into STMS and add the system to the same domain as the existing systems. Once you've done that, the rest of the work is done from the domain controller (usually but not necessarily your DEV system), in client 000. From the domain controller, again in STMS, 'accept' or 'approve' the addition of the new system to the transport domain. You must also now add the new system to the same transport group as the others. Save and distribute the new configuration to all systems, and that's pretty much it. You don't need nor want the test system to be in the same transport route/layer as the regular DEV/QAS/PRD systems.

At this point, the new TEST system should show up in STMS with it's own transport queue. When you want to move a transport into it, after releasing it from DEV (and either before or after importing it to QAS), from the QAS import queue, just select the request, then in the menu choose Request... Forward... System. In the drop-down, select your TEST system and this will add the transport request to the TEST queue, ready for import. Importing the requests into TEST will have no impact on what happens in QAS or PRD, and the regular QAS and QA Approval procedures will operate normally, just as they did before.

--Matt

--m

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to do TMS (consolidate route) between two diff instances(dev & qty) so later on I can add Production system by a delivery route.Can any one of you tell the method

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just add this test system to the same transport domain as other systens.

This very common situation , where you import transports from DEV into more than 2 (QAS and PRD) systems.

One thing - very often, instead of creating additional test system only additional test client on QAS system is created.

regards,

Wojtek