cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

In sales order creation 'Plant' field is proposed automatically from material or customer master......

similarlycan anyone say me from where 'Storage Location' field get proposed automatically?

regards,

divya.s

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

storage location determination has to be done by using tcode OVL3 give ur storage location in the conbination of"shipping point and plant and storage location" and in the corresponding material master data in "plant data storage1" maintain "storage location".

reward me if it helps.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

As per my understanding the storage location does not get proposed automatically in the sales order.

The storage location determination in [OVL3] is used during the delivery document creation and not for the sales order. The production storage location field in the material master is copied only to the planned order or production order and not a sales order.

Incase you need a default storage location in the sales order you might have to do it with help of some ABAP development.

Correct me if I was wrong else do reward if it had helped you.

Regards,

Nadarajah Pratheb

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nadarajah

I differ your comments "production storage location field in the material master is copied only to the planned order or production order and not a sales order"

Have u tested this?? As I said earlier, in Material Master view, whatever storage location you maintain, that will fetch into your sale order. You can try / check this at your end and reconfirm.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

I had check you solution in my system (ECC 6.0). The sales order does not pick the storage location from MRP2 view inspite of maintaining a value for field Prod. stor. location.

Any thoughts???

Regards

Nadarajah Pratheb

Former Member
0 Kudos

plant is determined based on CMIR if not then cmr then mmr

storage location is determined based on formule MALA ,RETA ,MALE

u mention these in delivery item category

(ovl3)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear divya

Storage Location is being fetched into sale order from Material Master - MRP2 view. In this view, in the field "Prod.stor.location", whatever location you maintain, that will automatically fetch into your sale order.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

the plant is picked from cust-mat info records, cust mast, material mast. and the storage loction is picked from material master.

saurabh