Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Capture the Following Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am new to PS I need your help.

we have the scenario in which we have One Project which involves multiple contracts and in cetain cases One Contract have muliple projects.

How to structure the above scenario in PS?

Request you all to reply.

Regards,

Bhadresh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bhadresh

The first scenario you have given is One project with multiple contracts.If I am not mistaken then does it mean all contracts together(may be in certain sequence) will meet particular project objective? Can you describe more with some example what is exact scene in your case.

In second scenario, one contract with multiple projects : This can be executed using assembly processing. You can use configurable networks (means std nwtks) to make variants of to form different project structures.. If your project is cost object then this nwk can be assigened to WBS. If it is not NWK can be assigned to SD order item. The key is to make most suitable std templates

Regrads

Adwait

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From a logistics perspective, it will be advatangeous to have a separate project for each project - contract combination. That is, if you have one contract with two projects, create two projects in PS. Also, if you have two projects but one contract, create two projects. This is required from a scheduling perspective, if you are not using sub-projects.

However, from an FI/CO pesrpective, a lot depends on how your company handles A/R, A/P, profitability analysis etc.

Muraleedharan.R