cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hie,

Trying to create a bill of material and I'm getting thie error; "BOM is recursive" please help!

ralph.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This error comes due to, you already created a BOM with Main Item and components. Now you are again trying to create another BOM to using Same material, you used in previous BOM main item as component. Example :

First BOM

Main Item : Mat1

Component : Mat2

Second BOM

Main Item : Mat2

Component : Mat1

In above example you can easily analyze, In first BOM the Header item is Component in second BOM.

Kindly check and if you need any furhter clarification, contact me.

Regards,

AKT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

How do I change the whole thing? Do I need to create a new product because an trying to change and getting this message"BOM not found for this material/plant usage"

Its kind of confusing!

ralph

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ralph

It seems you are trying to assign a component which is also a header material in CS01. Am I right??

Recursive BOMs can usually be found in the process industries (such as the chemical and pharmaceutical industries.

If you are sure you want to assign the header material itself as a BOM in CS01, do the following activities.

Once you give component details in "Material" tab, select any line item and press "F7". Now on the General Data tab, you will see a field "Recurs.allowed". Select that box and save.

Now you can assign the header material as component.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

nisha_sharma1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hello ralph,

this error occurs only when you try to create BOM with same material u have enterd in first screen.

i mean header material and components are same.(i.e material A is used for craetion of material A only. so recusriveness is here)

if u want to craete BOM in such case then Check the Recursive allowed indicator in general data on BOM Item level.

Regards,

Nisha

@award pts if resolved