Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Group Not Found -SUIM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to get a list of users under a particular Group. Under SUIM the result comes up as ZERO ! I knwo for certain that there are users under this gp.

My question:

1. By passing the SUIM is there a way to get the list of users ?

Thx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Browse table USR02 and check out the entries corresponding to the user group that you are looking for.

Regards

Sachin

12 REPLIES 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Browse table USR02 and check out the entries corresponding to the user group that you are looking for.

Regards

Sachin

0 Kudos

Hi,

Follow the steps below to find out Users under a particular User group:

1) Go to transaction code SUIM

2) Select Option UserUser By Complex Selection CriteriaUsers By Complex Selection Criteria

3) In the tab Group for Authorization mention the User group.

4)Execute

You will get the list of Users under the particulet User Group.

0 Kudos

sheetal,

Can you please read the question onceagain ?

Thx

0 Kudos

The same report which we execute using SUIM can be used using SU01.

Go to SU01.

In the User press f4.

Select the second tab-- Users By Logon data

In User Group mention the User Group

Press enter.

0 Kudos

Sheetal,

EXCLUDING ..SUIM !! thats the need.

0 Kudos

Hello George,

I don't know what your reason is for not wanting to use SUIM, but I can think of 2 options for you to try:

Implement [SAP note 988072|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/988072] or use the F4 help search instead of the report as it might not do the same "existence" check (place your cursor in the User field and hit F4).

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hello Juluis,

My reason for not wanting to use SUIM is because many a times it gave me reports that were wrng..definetly wrong. Hence I wanted to cross check with other options too before I take my stance.

I recall vividly, In one post , where you explained to the readers why there is an out put " error " from SUIM ..else beleive me its a charm of a transaction !

0 Kudos

There are many SAP notes related to the SUIM reports, so if your SP level is out-of-date (the note I mentioned is about a year old now) then SUIM can be doubtfull (or in hindsight past analysis becomes doubtfull).

In the audit information system (start transaction SECR to find infos on the roles you need) you might find another possibility.

Other than that, I cannot think of any way other than reading or downloading the tables.

If given the choice, I would go for SUIM and up-to-date SP levels rather than downloading tables (my opinion). But sometimes, it is usefull to look in a table to verify something when SUIM gives an odd output.

Cheers and enjoy the evening,

Julius

0 Kudos

Juluis,

Action is already taken to update the SP !!! ofcourse only after these posts! I dont know..really dont know why ( Including me) donot update the SPs ? Always an error report or an external impetus is needed !! Totally unacceptable.!

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George,

Please use table USGRP to find the user groups.

Please use table USR02 to find the number of users.

Compare the tables to get the list of users.

Regards,

Imran

0 Kudos

Imran/Sachin

Did you mean SE16 ?

thansk

0 Kudos

I think you can safely count on using SE16 when someone points you to a table.

Cheers

Jurjen