Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SD consultants,

I'm an ABAP Consultant. can u please clear the following queries:

1) what is an open sales order?

2) How can we know using data in tables whether a sales order is open or not?

3) Which table is updated when customer pays against an invoice?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

1. an open sales order is where the order has not been delivered (physical goods).

2. you can check the status of the order by going to tables VBUK (header) and VBUP (item)

3. posting of payments affects at least table BSEG. please refer to FI consultant for other tables of interest.

if this was helpful, thanks for the reward!!!

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

can u tell if a sales order can be considered open if delivery has happened but payment has not been done yet.??

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello again, friend.

in SAP SD, the document flow will summarize the status of each document. in order, they are:

1. sales order : once delivery has been created, the status of the order changes from "open" to "completed"

2. outbound delivery : when items are picked and posted for goods issue, the status remains at "being processed"; the status becomes complete only when billing is done

3. billing document : when billing document is created and saved, and posted to accounting, the status of the delivery becomes "complete"; the status of billing becomes "complete" as well; an accounting document is created and the status is "not cleared"

4. payments posting affects the status of the accounting document; hence, you look at table BSEG. once payment is posted with reference to this accounting document, the status becomes "cleared"

hope this helped. thanks for your consideration and reward.

regards.

Edited by: Jonathan Yap on Jan 14, 2008 8:45 AM

nisha_sharma1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

A) Open Sales order : i will explain taking an example suppose there is an oder for 100 qty and against this oder only 50 are being deleivered till its delivey date . i.e it is partially deliverd. then its status will be open . because it is not fully delivered.

i hope this exaple has cleared you about open orders.

u can check the open order staus in VA02 in status tab.(double click on iem and at item level chk the status)

or check in transaction VA05 all the open orders.

B) Check in Transaction VA05 and in table the status filed will tell u the staus of open order. table VBAP,VBAK

C) Check table VBAK ,VBAP,VBRK,VBRP and VBFA u can chk the document flow.

Regards,

Nisha

@award pts if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the reply.

can u tell if a sales order can be considered open if delivery has happened but payment has not been done yet.??

nisha_sharma1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes that sales oder will be considered as complete order.not open order

Delivery will be open against wich billing is not haapened.