cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to recieve a Xml file as webdynpro application parameter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

We are trying to call WD application via a VB script(user run this from their PC) which will generate a XMl file and will launch a url to call WD application. Now we have to capture this xml content from VB script and need to pass this to WD and further to RFC as internal tables.

1) What are possible ways to pass xml content to WD application, will be great if you elaborate a little.

2) Can we use String as parameter which will have XML content in string format, if yes then what could be possible drawbacks of this method.

Thanks a lot for your time,

Regards,

Sudhir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use fileUpload UI to upload a XML file and then manipulate it according to your need.

If you need to do it internally then you can read it from a particular destination using InputStream. I dont find any drawbacks in converting the content of XML as String.

thanks & regards,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Thanks for your reply.. but what i am asking is.. how do we pass xml content which is generated by a VB scrip(it has not been stored anywhere on harddrive) and pass this content to WD application..

any suggestion on this..

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

How are you calling the webdynpro application from VBScript? Is it by opening a new browser window with the URL?

One option is to append the generated XML to the url (the GET method). But not suggested.

So, the XML must be provided by the POST method.

This means that you need to do a HTTP POST directly from your VBScript. So it depends on how you call the webdypro application using its URL.

Regards,

Rajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your reply Rajit,

Yes, we are planning to call Url which will open a new browser.

We would like to user wanted to use POST method here, Can you please share how to go about it.. I have not used POST method before.

Rgds

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any suggestions on this..