cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring IDOC on R/3 and XI ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I was following one how-to doc in configuration of IDOC on R/3 and XI.

If we have more than one scenario with IDOC-XI-File scenarios to handle same or different IDOC's.

Where do we configure on R/3 or XI to send IDOC from R/3 to particular Scenario on XI ? I see configuration only tells to send XI on particular port, but it does not tell which sender it is supposed to send?

Please throw some light on this.

Thanks,

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar

Have a look at this document, which explains the settings in IDOC-File scenario,

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/uuid/73527b2c-0501...

cheers

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I had gone thru this, this is got confused me with specifying different scenarios with party/partlyless and LS and not LS.

I could not understand and conclude the concept invlolving with party/partyless and LS and not LS?

Can you explain me how these types are effecting IDOC-XI-File scenario?

Thanks,

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Party is configured if the system you are connecting, for receiving and sending data, is not within your landscape. Or there is no information about the party's environment details in the system landscape directory. Then you configure the scenario with the Party if not its Without party. E.g connection to the web service of your client, or to some web address on the Internet etc.

What you need to do is that if the scenario is same but the logical system in R/3 is different then you can use the Condition within the ID to distinguish the Idoc and route to the corresponding Receiving system, using the receivinger adapter. If its the different IDOC then you have to configure different Scenario within ID for each IDOC scenario.

Hope this helps.

Cheres,

Ranjan