cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC/RFC to 3rd party system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I need to send Purchase orders from SAP to 3rd party system,can you help me in choosing what adapters I need to use at the SAP side or whether I have to go IDOC/BAPI.My guess is to go for IDOC orders05,can you guys suggest me?

Thanks

Lee

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Idoc is a good option for ur case. But if all the fields required for transfer are not part of ORDERS idoc Or u need a synchronous communication, then go for RFC/BAPI. Another good option would be use of ABAP proxy. This way u may achieve adapterless communication

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pung,

For sending the IDOC form R3 to third party you do not require sender IDOC adapters.

Now my question to you is in which format the data is sent to Third party.

Is ur third party accepting the file in EDI format?

Just refer the below PDf

How to Set up an SAP XI Integration Directory Scenario with Party to Support EDI Partner Processing

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b0b355ae-0501-0010-3b83-8f2bb566...

Thnx

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply,we are using 4.6c version,so proxies can be ruled out.The 3rd party system uses webservice.Can you suggest which would be a better option?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer blow blog..

idoc to web services scenario

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/08/14/choose-the-right-adapter-to-integrate-with-sap-systems

Regards,

Srini

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

turmoll
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Take a look at this doc: [A Beginner's Guide to SAP Exchange Infrastructure Settings, Part I|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/73527b2c-0501-0010-5398-c4ac372c9692]

It is a step by step description of your scenario.

Regards,

Jakub

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can you let me know if I could use any standard IDOC's or BAPI's for Purchase orders(PO)

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Depends on your idoc config...and if they have any custom segments...etc

Regards

Ravi Raman

turmoll
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If it comes to IDocs:

Message Type/IDoc Type: ORDERS/ORDERS05