cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to JDBc to File using BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to create a scenario for JDBC to File. But i want to trigget this scenario and not to schedule it. So i have one option to put a file in any ftp folder and the this file will trigger my JDBC->file scenario hence my scenario becomes like File(Trigger)->JDBC->File.

I have added Receive and Send Steps in my scenario and it is ok for JDBC->File scenario. But to add this triggering mechanism i think i need to add on more receiver step which will receive file. I tried to add one more receive step at start but it is asking for Correlation... Here i am confused as i don't know why to use correlation in my scenario.....? Can anybody please suggest me how to use correlations in my case?

I just want to receive a flat file which will trigger JDBC->File Scenario.

Thanks,

Rohan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But i want to trigget this scenario and not to schedule it. So i have one option to put a file in any ftp folder

For triggering, why dont u use the select and update functionality of the JDBC sender adapter. The required field in this case can be polled by the jdbc adapter, thereby triggering the scenario.

In case u just want to select the data and even if u use File - JDBC - File scenario, i would suggest the use of File - XI - File scenario with JDBC lookup.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Thanks for ur reply.... The only reason i want to trigger this scenario is i want to schedule it through some third party schedular......

I am facing some problem in BPM.... Can you plz through some light on how to use two receive steps in BPM..... I want to receive flat file and then JDBC sender channel....

Thanks,

Rohan.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There won't be 2 receive step. Ur scenario will have

Receive (File) - Sync Send (JDBC) - Send (File)

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

My query doesn't have any inputs from incoming file.....

It is just a simple select query.... will i need to make it sync then also....?

One more thing.. can i call receiver adaptor in Send step... Plz don't mind with my stupid questions...

I m new to BPM....

If u find some time can u plz write in more details...? It will be great help...

Thanks a lot.

Rohan

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is just a simple select query.... will i need to make it sync then also....?

Yes if u use BPM.

It is possible to trigger the interface without BPM directly polling the database using JDBC sender as i earlier said.

With BPM, even for the select query, do message mapping. Do not assign any field from file to JDBC structure. Just assign the constants. This way select query ll be called. Map the output of select query to the receiver file structure.

Ur scenario BPM config would be similar to

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

Regards,

Prateek