cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Homogeneous System Copy - Help me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to refresh the Training environment with the QAS environment data then I did the client copy from QRP(QAS environment) to TRN (training environment). This copy was made successfully, but with some data inconsistences.

And then a decided to do a Homogeneous System Copy.

I did the HSC selecting the option "Standard System Copy/Migration (R3Load-Based) " but exist the another option "System Copy / Oracle Backup/Restore".

And my doubt is: the process that I need to do is the Standard System Copy / Migration (R3Load-Based) or System Copy / Oracle Backup/Restore?

And the inverse process (import), can I to install just a Database Instance, once that a Central Instance already exists?!

Thanks and Regards,

Dany Anderson

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii the process you need to do is system copy . In system copy there are two ways one by using R3load tool and other is backup method. Generally the backup method is faster where all your database will be backedup and copied to the target system. R3load and oracle backup are just two methods of doing system copy.

homogeneous system copy if your target system is on the same operating system and database system as your source system. The database contents are copied from the source system to the target system.

You perform a heterogeneous system copy if you want to change the operating system or database system. Migration is another term for a heterogeneous system copy.

Please reward points if useful