cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install ADS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have WAS 6.40 SR1 and are now trying to install ADS.I have gone through the Weblog "My Struggle with Adobe" but in there it was mentioned to download two files 51030723_1 and 51030843 from service market place but i couldnt find the second file in downloads.

Can anybody help me out?Please also brief about the installation procedure and other settings.

Regards,

Leena

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leena,

You have to download NW04SR1 Installation Master.

For Windows 32 Bit, the file name is 51031148_1.zip

After this please follow the Adobe installation and configuration guides available in Service Marketplace.

https://service.sap.com/instguides

Also please order the credentail from SAP as explained in the blog. In the meantime you can download the credentail file from SDN for testing purpose.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/sdn/softwaredownload.sdn?download=https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/po...

Hope this is helpful.

Regards,

Shubham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

haks for ur reply....

Well i have the SR1 Installation CD with me and i can see the option to install ADS when i login to SAP Netweaver 04 Support Release 1 -> Netweaver Components running on Java -> Adobe -> ADS installation....

and i couldnt find the file which u mentioned in service market place .... Why are we using the two zip files?

Regards,

Leena

achim_hauck2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Leena,

the CD numbers in the weblog

a) refer to the windows version

and

b) are out of date.

you'll need the CD "NW04SR1 Installation Master" for your operation system and the "SAP NW04 SR1 ADOBE DOCUMENT SERVICES 1.00" CD. If you don't have them, you can download both as zip-files from the location mentioned above, but I think, you already have them

kr, achim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leena,

You can use your SR1 Installation master cd to install ADS. It will ask for Label.asc file for ADS at that time specify path of your ADS components installable.

You also require Credentials from SAP when installing ADS.

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I started to install ADS from the Master CD and used the credential provided with the Sneak preview edition.The installation started of and during step 4 i.e., SAP J2ee engine offline deployment it failed.

This was the error message :

MUT-02041 SDM call of deploySdaList ends with returncode 4. See output of logfile C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW04SR1\ADOBE\callSdmViaSapinst.log.

This was given in log file :

Error: Could not create JStartupClusterController: No buffer space available (maximum connections reached?): JVM_Bind Throwable: java.net.SocketException Throwable message: No buffer space available (maximum connections reached?): JVM_Bind

Info: SDM configuration: Do not automatically start/stop J2EE Engine. Do not save current state of J2EE Engine now.

Info: Error handling strategy: OnErrorStop

Info: Update strategy: UpdateLowerVersions

Info: Starting: Initial deployment: Selected development component 'DocumentServicesLicenseDatabase'/'com.adobe'/'Adobe Systems Incorporated'/'630.20040910083000.147982' will be deployed.

Info: Creating connections to database "TSR".

Info: Creating vendor connection to database.

Error: Creation of vendor connection failed.

Original error message is:

java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection

Stack trace of original Exception or Error is:

java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection

at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:134)

at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:179)

at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:334)

at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.handleIOException(TTC7Protocol.java:3695)

at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.logon(TTC7Protocol.java:352)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection.<init>(OracleConnection.java:362)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.getConnectionInstance(OracleDriver.java:536)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:328)

at com.sap.sql.jdbc.NativeConnectionFactory.createNativeConnection(NativeConnectionFactory.java:219)

at com.sap.sql.connect.OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.createConnection(OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.java:493)

at com.sap.sql.connect.OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.getConnection(OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.java:254)

at com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.dbsc.extern.DBSCConnectionManager.createSDMVendorConnection(DBSCConnectionManager.java:214)

at com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.dbsc.extern.DBSCConnectionManager.createSDMConnections(DBSCConnectionManager.java:77)

at com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.dbsc.ConnectionManagerDecorator.createSDMConnections(ConnectionManagerDecorator.java:73)

at com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.dbsc.DatabaseTargetSystem.connect(DatabaseTargetSystem.java:140)

at com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.dbsc.DBSCDeploymentActionProcessor.executeAction(DBSCDeploymentActionProcessor.java:115)

at com.sap.sdm.app.proc.deployment.impl.PhysicalDeploymentActionExecutor.execute(PhysicalDeploymentActionExecutor.java:60)

at com.sap.sdm.app.proc.deployment.impl.DeploymentActionImpl.execute(DeploymentActionImpl.java:186)

at com.sap.sdm.app.proc.deployment.controllers.internal.impl.DeploymentExecutorImpl.execute(DeploymentExecutorImpl.java:46)

at com.sap.sdm.app.proc.deployment.states.eventhandler.ExecuteDeploymentHandler.executeAction(ExecuteDeploymentHandler.java:83)

at com.sap.sdm.app.proc.deployment.states.eventhandler.ExecuteDeploymentHandler.handleEvent(ExecuteDeploymentHandler.java:60)

at com.sap.sdm.app.proc.deployment.states.StateBeforeNextDeployment.processEvent(StateBeforeNextDeployment.java:128)

at com.sap.sdm.app.proc.deployment.states.InstContext.processEventServerSide(InstContext.java:73)

at com.sap.sdm.app.proc.deployment.states.InstContext.processEvent(InstContext.java:59)

at com.sap.sdm.app.sequential.deployment.impl.DeployerImpl.doPhysicalDeployment(DeployerImpl.java:127)

at com.sap.sdm.app.sequential.deployment.impl.DeployerImpl.deploy(DeployerImpl.java:96)

at com.sap.sdm.control.command.cmds.Deploy.execute(Deploy.java:182)

at com.sap.sdm.control.command.decorator.AssureStandaloneMode.execute(AssureStandaloneMode.java:53)

at com.sap.sdm.control.command.decorator.AssureOneRunningSDMOnly.execute(AssureOneRunningSDMOnly.java:61)

at com.sap.sdm.control.command.decorator.SDMInitializer.execute(SDMInitializer.java:52)

at com.sap.sdm.control.command.decorator.GlobalParamEvaluator.execute(GlobalParamEvaluator.java:60)

at com.sap.sdm.control.command.decorator.AbstractLibDirSetter.execute(AbstractLibDirSetter.java:46)

at com.sap.sdm.control.command.decorator.ExitPostProcessor.execute(ExitPostProcessor.java:48)

at com.sap.sdm.control.command.decorator.CommandNameLogger.execute(CommandNameLogger.java:49)

at com.sap.sdm.control.command.decorator.AdditionalLogFileSetter.execute(AdditionalLogFileSetter.java:65)

at com.sap.sdm.control.command.decorator.AbstractLogDirSetter.execute(AbstractLogDirSetter.java:54)

at com.sap.sdm.control.command.decorator.SyntaxChecker.execute(SyntaxChecker.java:37)

at com.sap.sdm.control.command.Command.exec(Command.java:42)

at SDM.main(SDM.java:21)

Error: Aborted: development component 'DocumentServicesLicenseDatabase'/'com.adobe'/'Adobe Systems Incorporated'/'630.20040910083000.147982':

Db connect failed.

Info: SDM configuration: Do not automatically start/stop J2EE Engine. Do not restore state of J2EE Engine now.

Info: -

Deployment was successful -

Info: Summarizing the deployment results:

Error: Admitted: E:\ADOBE\ADOBEGEN\OFFLINE\ADSSAPOFF.sca

Processing error. Return code: 4

Error: Processing error. Return code: 4

Can somebody help me out.

Regards,

Leena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leena,

What is the virual memory specified in your system?

Set around 4000MB size for your virual memory and then try again.

You can set this value in My computer properties-> Advanced-> performance settings-> advanced-> virtual memory Change.

Here, specify your custom size for virtual memory.

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks bhavik it worked now the installation has moved to the fifth step.

Will get back to you for further assistance.

Regards,

Leena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The fifth step is again showing error.

The error is shown below :

MUT-02041 SDM call of deploySdaList ends with returncode 4. See output of logfile C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW04SR1\ADOBE\callSdmViaSapinst.log.

The log file is as below :

Info: ============================================

Info: = Starting to execute command 'deploy' =

Info: ============================================

Info: Starting SDM - Software Deployment Manager...

Starting SDM - Software Deployment Manager...

Info: tc/SL/SDM/SDM/sap.com/SAP AG/6.4009.00.0000.20041026131936.0000

tc/SL/SDM/SDM/sap.com/SAP AG/6.4009.00.0000.20041026131936.0000

Info: SDM operation mode successfully set to: Standalone

Initializing Network Manager (50017)

Info: Initializing Network Manager (50017)

Checking if another SDM is running on port 50018

Info: Checking if another SDM is running on port 50018

Starting deployment -

Info: Loading selected archives...

Info: Loading archive 'E:\ADOBE\ADOBEGEN\ONLINE\ADSSAP.sca'

Info: Selected archives successfully loaded.

Info: Actions per selected component:

Info: Initial deployment: Selected software component 'ADS_SAP'/'sap.com'/'SAP AG'/'1000.1.00.9.0.20041020041519' will be deployed.

Info: Initial deployment: Selected development component 'AdobeDocumentServices'/'com.adobe'/'Adobe Systems Incorporated'/'630.20040910083000.147982' will be deployed.

Info: Initial deployment: Selected development component 'tc/ads/grmg'/'sap.com'/'SAP AG'/'6.3007.20040924135746.0000' will be deployed.

Info: Initial deployment: Selected development component 'DocumentServicesLicenseManager'/'com.adobe'/'Adobe Systems Incorporated'/'630.20040910083000.147982' will be deployed.

Error: Could not create JStartupClusterController: No buffer space available (maximum connections reached?): JVM_Bind Throwable: java.net.SocketException Throwable message: No buffer space available (maximum connections reached?): JVM_Bind

Info: SDM configuration: Do not automatically start/stop J2EE Engine. Do not save current state of J2EE Engine now.

Info: Error handling strategy: OnErrorStop

Info: Update strategy: UpdateLowerVersions

Info: Starting: Initial deployment: Selected development component 'AdobeDocumentServices'/'com.adobe'/'Adobe Systems Incorporated'/'630.20040910083000.147982' will be deployed.

Info: SDA to be deployed: E:\usr\sap\TSR\JC00\SDM\root\origin\com.adobe\AdobeDocumentServices\Adobe Systems Incorporated\630.20040910083000.147982\AdobeDocumentServices.ear

Info: Software type of SDA: J2EE

Info: ***** Begin of SAP J2EE Engine Deployment (J2EE Application) *****

Info: ***** End of SAP J2EE Engine Deployment (J2EE Application) *****

Error: Aborted: development component 'AdobeDocumentServices'/'com.adobe'/'Adobe Systems Incorporated'/'630.20040910083000.147982':

Caught exception while checking the login credentials for SAP J2EE Engine. Check whether the SAP J2EE Engine is up and running.

com.sap.engine.deploy.manager.DeployManagerException: ERROR: Cannot connect to Host: [cgn-lap166] with user name: [Administrator]

Check your login information.

Exception is:

com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions.NamingException: Exception while trying to get InitialContext. [Root exception is com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.BaseLoginException: Cannot create new RemoteLoginContext instance.]

(message ID: com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.EngineApplOnlineDeployerImpl.checkLoginCredentials.DMEXC)

Info: SDM configuration: Do not automatically start/stop J2EE Engine. Do not restore state of J2EE Engine now.

Deployment was successful -

Info: Summarizing the deployment results:

Error: Admitted: E:\ADOBE\ADOBEGEN\ONLINE\ADSSAP.sca

Processing error. Return code: 4

Error: Processing error. Return code: 4

Hope to get some help.

Regards,

Leena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leena,

Credentials you are specifying is correct?

Regards,

Bhavik

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Leena,

I saw you are using the credential for the Sneak Preview with a full NetWeaver installation.

Your problem may be related to that as the Sneak Preview needs a credential created specifically for it.

Perhaps you should get a full customer credential (see SAP Note 736902).

Kind regards,

Markus Meisl

SAP NetWeaver Product Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

I am not 100% sure but the ADS installation doesn't verifies the authenticity of the credentail file. I installed ADS even without a credentail file.

In the step where it asks for the Credential file, I gave path to a text file and it took it. After that I didn't got any problem at all. But I was intalling ADS 1.0 SP9.

May be Leena is intalling a higher version where this check has been put.

Regards,

Shubham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats correct. The credential file is only required during runtime. It is not required for installation of the Adobe dcument services. The Configuration Guide mentioned above provides the details how to configure and install the credential.

You can use the "test credential" from SDN with the full software, however it is only valid for three months.

Cheers

Matthias