cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deployment dependency

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have one EAR deployed in WAS, and this EAR is dependent on one data source, also deployed in the WAS.

whenever the server is restarted, my application can't run properly if it is related to the data source.

I have checked the EAR & data source deployment status, all are ok.

I have to restart my EAR to get the application running smoothly.

I doubt my EAR is got started before the data source is started, and the EAR will load some data source information into memory once it is started.

how to handle this dependency?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yueming,

Try to delete the datasource and create it from the visual admin.

After the above change the data source should be available immediately after start of dbpool service, independent of service/application that deployed it.(by default the alias is bound to this service as "deployer")

Changing the datasource alias:

Please open the visual administrator and open the services of the affected server. Select the service JDBC connector and open the datasource. You will see a list of aliases on the right. Choose the alias and remove it. Do NOT restart the server. Add the alias again with the same name. You will see that the column deployer has changed now.

Regards, Ventsi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your advice, it works for the first time only, the problem occurs again

The data source is created in VA previously. Can I know the root cause of it? I doubt if I added the data source in this way, whether it will happen again?

Edited by: yueming daoy on Feb 4, 2008 9:56 AM

Edited by: yueming daoy on Feb 4, 2008 9:57 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yueming, please report support ticket for this problem, because it might be a bug.

Regards, Ventsi

Former Member
0 Kudos

btw, how to register ticket for it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If your company owns SAP software it also has support contract and you have access to SAP’s Customer Support System, where you could report issues with SAP’s software.

Regards, Ventsi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

because our server is restarted everyday for backup, and after restarted, when visit the application, the following error will occur

"Caused by:

com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions.NameNotFoundException: Object not found in lookup of ds_some"

But after I restarted the application, then every thing is fine.