Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subcon error in CIF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am getting CIF error as below

ERROR-Location product XXXX/YYYY not assigned to active model

XXXX is Component and YYYY is Vendor location.

I am on SCM4,1 SP10, ECC5

The scenario is as below

A FIN GOOD

B COMPONENT

C COMPONENT

A is CIFed to APO

B and C is also CIFed as components

User make changes to Process Ord in R3 to component. Changes COMPO C to D.

When order CIFed to APO.APO does not recognize COMPO D (since it is not yet in APO)and throws errors.

I have some OSS note on subcon errors but not one like this those are for FG and not for components.

I would like to knwo if some one encounter such issues and what is the possible solution.

Thanks in Advance..

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have experience doing SC in SCM 4.1. Component D must be in APO. Srini is right. I remember to get SubContracting to work (in my industry that was repetitive & not process) there were many Notes we had to apply for SCM 4.1 to work. But your scenario ... the Process Order will get stuck in Que saying Component D not defined in APO.

For SubCon process to work in APO, all Materials need to be in APO (even if they are planned in R3 MRP), and even Planned in APO at SC Vendor Locations. I remember we have to create a Production Version in SC Plant to get the BOMs and Routings and Components to come to APO in the form of a PDS (not PPM).

Hope this gives cues to you.

Regards,

Ambrish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The product at vendor location needs to be manually created in APO and assigned to active integration model. From the error it looks that this was not done. Once you have assigned to active integration model in the transaction /n/sapapo/mat1, you would need to also run LC consistency check to ensure that the model is in order. In your case thus Component D in location YYYY needs to be created in APO and assigned to active model. Ensure all components that can be potentially substituted are also created and assigned in APO.

Not sure if it answers your Q. In a case you want to maintain component D as a non-APO product, then some other options need to be explored.