cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transport scripts and smartforms layouts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

would you let me know how to trasport scripts and smartform along with layouts???

thanks in advance for your replies.

Regards,

Riyaz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP Script Form

If you want to copy the forms between clients on the same system (between a client 100 and 150 on a DEV box for example) Use the copy between clients option available from the Utilities menu of SE71. If you want to transport the form between DEV & QA or QA & PRD then follow the normal transport

procedure (ensuring that your BASIS team know to import your form into each client of the new box).

Regarding the Print Program, follow the standard procedure for normal ABAP Objects. Do SCC1 for transfer between clients on same system and normal transport procedure to different system.

SMART FORMS

A Smartform is transported no differently than any other object. if it is assigned to a development class that is atteched to a transport layer, it will be transported.

The definition is transported, and when called, the function module is regenerated.

This leads to an interetsing situation. On the new machine, it is very likely the function module name will be different than the name on the source system. Make sure, before you call the function module, you resolve the external name to the internal name using the 'SSF_FUNCTION_MODULE_NAME' function module.

Typically, generate the SF, then use the pattern to being in the interface. Then change the call function to use the name you get back from the above function module.

Hope this helps.

Vinodh Balakrishnan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank vinod for your replies just was curious to know if there was any other way ...

Regards,

Riyaz.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As i mentioned in my earlier post,

Both SAPScript and Smartforms are transported Using Transport request organizer no differently than any other object. if it is assigned to a development class that is atteched to a transport layer, it will be transported.

But with Smartform, when the definition is transported, and when called, the function module is regenerated. This leads to an interetsing situation. On the new machine, it is very likely the function module name will be different than the name on the source system. Make sure, before you call the function module, you resolve the external name to the internal name using the 'SSF_FUNCTION_MODULE_NAME' function module.

Typically, generate the SF, then use the pattern to being in the interface. Then change the call function to use the name you get back from the above function module.

Hope this helps.

Vinodh Balakrishnan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank u Vinodh Balakrishnan for your inputs , but is there any other way r ways to trasport layout in smartforms??? r scripts? i mean using trasport request organizer?