cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross docking

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

How does the system identifies materials are subjected to cross docking?

Regards

Sid

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1)Make a special movement indicator.

2)Configure a logical storage type for cross docking

3) Make a WM movement type for cross docking and assign the logical storage type to it.

4)Conect WM and IM movement type with special movement indicator for cross dock.

5)Include cross docking storage type in the storage type search strategy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

While goods receipt, we have to manually enter this special mlovement indicator for the materials with cross docking.

How to automate this, meaning, system should take this special movement indicator while posting the GR, How to achieve this?

Regards

Sid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make an internal table with the proper combination of customer master,material and plant.

maintain the data in this relevant table which is subjected for cross docking then implement a BADI or an user exit and ask ur abaper to write the logic during migo system should compare the data of MIGo with the internal table data.If it matches then populate the special movement indicator in MIGO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vineet,

I have maintained the setting you have mantioned. However I get an error when I try to plan the document in cross dock monitor.

No inbound documents have been selected for planning

or

No outbound documents have been selected for planning

I am wondering, when we can see both the inbound and the outbound document in the monitor, why can we plan them. I have tried all sorts of permutation and combination in the configuration but it never seems to work.

Can you please guide me, how to find a solution for this problem.

poorna_yalamanchili
Participant
0 Kudos

My work has some similar cross-docking process in place. we made sure that deliveries to be crossdocked gets a field populated to identify it as a cross-dock docket.

the delivery header data will have the shipment tad under which the "means of transport type - MnsTrpTy" will be populated with some sort of data to make it as xdock.

this in turn gets populated from a Z table which holds the sold-to and plant/shipping point data - whenver a sales order gets created with a comination of that sold-to & plant/shippingpoint the above mentioned field will get populated making this delivery as a crossdock...