cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help - Installation failing at: Phase 25 Intsall instance basics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

We are trying to install solution manager 4 on linux readhat E4 (oracle db). Currently, we are stuck at phase 25 "install instance basics. I can see at the bottom of the screen, the message says the phase is "Creating instance directories for instance <SID>/scs01. The error message (only thing I can see in the logs) - and on the error popup is shown before. Anyhow have an idea of what this could be? I thought perms, and even 777'd (temporarlily /usr/SAP and /sapmnt/<sid>), and no effect... it seems to point to a function module, but the strange thing is... no one even references this error anywhere on here, or anywhere else...

Anyhow, all help is greatly appriciated:

-

logfile below----

ERROR 2008-01-11 18:15:49.780

FJS-00003 TypeError: pf.getPath is not a function (in script NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind, line 22616: ???)

ERROR 2008-01-11 18:15:50.69

FCO-00011 The step createInstanceDirectories with step key |NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|NW_CI_Instance|ind|ind|ind|ind|11|0|NW_Instance|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|createInstanceDirectories was executed with status ERROR .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

pankaj_pabreja
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Richard, All,

We are also facing the same issue as faced by you while installing the PI 7.1. Please let us know if you found the solution.

Regards,

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For the benefit of the people who might come across same issue in the future.

Error:

ERROR 2013-06-07 14:10:05.821

CJS-30217  Instance 'SCS10/NEPTUNE' of SAP system SM1 is in an inconsistent state: the processes do not seem to have been started within the instance.

ERROR 2013-06-07 14:10:06.94

FCO-00011  The step stopInstance with step key |NW_Doublestack_OneHost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|onehost|0|NW_CI_Instance|ind|ind|ind|ind|ci|0|NW_Instance|ind|ind|ind|ind|scsInstance|0|stopInstance was executed with status ERROR ( Last error reported by the step: Instance 'SCS10/NEPTUNE' of SAP system SM1 is in an inconsistent state: the processes do not seem to have been started within the instance.).

Resolution:

Kill the process that is running using 3910 Process ID (as the issue is with SCS instance). Once I killed the process retried the install and the issue got resolved.

Command to check the process that is running on 3910 port

netstat -a -o -n | findstr "LISTENING" | findstr ":3910"

Once you know the process ID from the above command killed it using the command below

taskkill /F /PID <pid>

I think I faced this issue as I stopped my install inbetween due to memory shortage issue. After resolving the memory issue and retrying the installed the installation porcess would have found the process that did not get deleted.

Thanks

Naresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Change the ms_port to 3601 instead of 3901. By default SPM has assign 3901 to ms_port.

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

That stupid conflict with nimsh is still there and I was not able to find it in installation guide/notes...

Maybe I did not search deeply enough

The problem in mentioned in the here under note

1622083 - J2EE System fails with "exitcode = -337"

In case it can help anyone reading that thread there is a note on how changing the message port

1623885 - How to change the Message Server port of a Java 7.1 or higher system

You could also change the port used by nimsh

nimsh and SAP (Chris&amp;#39;s AIX Blog)

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

there is typo in my earlier message. its file /usr/sap/sapservices and not /usr/sap/services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Milos,

The problem was with the starting of the SCS instance by sapinst, on AIX the port that we used (SAP default) 3901 during the input step for SCS was in usage at AIX by some application

nimsh 3901/tcp # NIM Service Handler

nimsh 3901/udp # NIM Service Handler

I had to free up the port for some time, stop processes running on the port and then continued with my installation. After the installation was complete, I changed the port number of SCS to 3601 and gave the port back to AIX application.

Beaware that you have to change the port number is various places, including Config tool, all the JSPM, Configtool properties

Check if this helps to resolve your problem, else I will have to recollect if I resolved it differently.

Regards,

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

your information was very helpful. I had exactly the same problem.

Thank you very much

Regards,

Milos

quintina_li
Explorer
0 Kudos

Your answer is great! and I have passed the error.

By the way I am wondering why NIMSH is used...as I didn't choose anything related to this and how can I change instance num during installation?

I installed a standard system and found no place to choose instance num ...

How to avoid this issue is a problem .

Thank you ~

Quintina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

I am facing problem in the similar step for PI 7.1 installation on AIX machine. I created /usr/sap/services file manually. But no success there.

I will paste the log of the error in the file sapcontrol_<SID>_SCS<nr>.log

10.04.2009 15:54:33

GetInstanceProperties

FAIL: NIECONN_REFUSED (Connection refused), NiRawConnect failed in plugin_fopen()

StartService

FAIL: cannot open /usr/sap/sapservices [No such file or directory].

10.04.2009 15:54:37

Stop

FAIL: NIECONN_REFUSED (Connection refused), NiRawConnect failed in plugin_fopen()

10.04.2009 15:54:38

GetProcessList

10.04.2009 15:54:47

GetProcessList

FAIL:

After I create the sapservices file and retry the step. I received a different error message.

CJS-30217 Instance 'SCS01/<hostname>' of SAP system <SID> is in an inconsistent state: the processes do not seem to have been started within the instance.

I cannot proceed further with my installation now.

If you have a solution for this message, can you please update the message.

Thanks,

Nilesh

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please step to your installation directory and check the last lines in sapinst_dev.log

Markus