Did you mean: 

Use of Standard Text

pankajverma
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

Pl. tell me the use of

" Assign standard texts for short message to Notification type"

How this can be used for notification or order. Where i can get this message after assignment of message in configuration.

Regards

Pankaj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

mainly it is used for sending short message(Mail) you can create your own standard text in T code SO10 and assign to the order type,standard text is the short form of lenghty subject, generally if you want to send a particular long message then create a standard text and type it, whenever you use the standard text the entire content you have created will be displayed

regards

thyagarajan

pankajverma
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I did the following

1. Create Standatd text

Tools - Form Printout - SAP Script - SO10: Standard Text

Text Name: MAINT

Text ID : ST

Language : EN

2. Assigning standard text to order type

SPRO - Functions and settings for order types - Assign Standard texts for Short messages to order types::

Order type: PM01

Object : TEXT

Text Name : MAINT ( here i define the long text)

ID : ST ( Standard text)

Now after assignment i am not getting this standard text in long text window of order i created.

Pl. guide me where i am doing wrong.

Regards

Pankaj

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

standard text will be used for short messages only ,also just click the long text button on order change mode then in the editor screen slect the stadard text which exterme right of the screen there you can find the default one which you have done in customize

regards

thyagarajan

pankajverma
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Tyagarajan,

I got you point.

But still i am not able to achieve the functionality of standard text. What is its use.

whether it should come automatically in the order long text or if as you told it is use as an short message , then how can i use this as to send an SMS.

Pl. guide me.

Regs

Pankaj