cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed value mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any one there to explain me what is fixed value mapping Coz when i used LOOK UPS , they told me you can used fixed value mapping instead of it , as i was having only to values , please send me a detail explanation abt it thanking you

sridhar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can used fixed value mapping instead of it

It depends upon whether the values changes or not. If the lookup values are constants and could not change, then instead of making a lookup again and again, u may opt for fixed value mapping

This is not a good practice if lookup have more data or if there is a possibility that in future the requirement could change. But if u r very sure go for it.

For this u must be having a key and its corresponding value. Insert these key value pairs in the fixed value mapping and ur job is done.

Regards,

Prateek

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

FixedValueMapping:

For Fixed mapping you need only one field. apply fixed mapping between target and source fields. Go to the fixed mapping properties, specify the key value as the incoming value and what value you need as target, give it to the value field.

regards,

nikhil

**reward if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a lot of difference between fixed value mapping and Lookup:

Fixed value mapping is used when you need to populate the some differnt target value based on some inpur value.

Take example

I have used fixed value M:

My input is ABC

Now for this input I wanted to poupulate some different values.

Suppose when A comes in File it should map the target value to America.

When B come it should map to Belgium

and C -> California

Now come to Looup:

What is Lookup and why we need:

Within an XI mapping it is a common requirement to be able to perform data lookups on-the-fly. In particular, there may be a need to look up some data that is maintained in an R/3 application.

In the error handling topic we have seen the different validations which need to be performed on file. This can be done through Lookup.

Some use cases:

• Look up material number from table MARA.

• Look up cost center budget.

• Look up employee information.

• Look up unit-of-measure (UOM) information from table t006a.

• Lookup for raising an alert.

The purpose of the lookup may be:

• To perform application-level validation of the data, before sending it to the backend.

• To populate fields of the XML document with some additional data found in the backend application.

This is a form of value transformation.

The "value mappings" offered by XI are not adequate in this case, since the data would have to be manually entered in the Integration Directory.

There are two ways in which we can do lookup:

• Call lookup method from GUI mapping.

• Call lookup method from XSLT mapping.

I think u got ur answer

Thnx

Chirag