cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing document - condition types

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In the billing document, per item in the conditions tab, i see Price, Discount, tax, cost etc. I would like to know how does the discount & net price fields get filled up. Is this data maintained in the sales view of the material master? If i am right this data is copied from the sales order, but in that case how are these details filled in the sales order - manually?

I find different discount condition types for different materials, i checked in the material master for the materials, but only find the basic price. I also see the cash discount indicator ticked, but was not able to find out where the discount data is saved.

I am quite confused about this condition types in billing document. Can someone explain?

Vivek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vivek

As for as pricing is concerned, all conditions will be determined based on the controls you have in V/08.

The primary job of a pricing procedure is to define a group of condition types in a particular sequence. The pricing procedure also determines:

=> Which sub-totals appear during pricing

=> To what extent pricing can be processed manually

=> Which method the system uses to calculate percentage discounts and surcharges

=> Which requirements for a particular condition type must be fulfilled before the system takes the condition into account

Example of a Pricing Procedure

If a sales department processes sales orders for a variety of foreign customers, the department can group the customers by country or region. A pricing procedure can then be defined for each group of customers. Each procedure can include condition types that determine, for example, country-specific taxes. In sales order processing, you can specify pricing procedures for specific customers and for sales document types. The system automatically determines which procedure to use.

Pricing Procedures in the R/3 System

The standard system contains pre-defined pricing procedures, which contain frequently used condition types along with their corresponding access sequences. You can, of course, modify these procedures or create your own from scratch.

Creating and Maintaining Pricing Procedures

You create or maintain pricing procedures in Customizing for Sales. For more information on creating pricing procedures, see the online Implementation Guide for Sales and Distribution.

To reach the pricing procedure screen from SD Customizing:

Choose Basic Functions -> Pricing -> Pricing control -> Define and assign pricing procedures.

Select the transaction that you want to execute. Alternatively, as I said above, by using TCode V/08, you can go directly to Pricing Procedure screen.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr. Lakshmipathi,

Thank you very much for that explanation, i am quite clear now. In V/08 i find several pricing procedures, would like to know, in billing document can i know which pricing procedure has been used? or is the pricing procedure associated with the customer in the customer master record?

Vivek

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vivek

Pricing Procedure is being determined based on the datas you maintain in OVKK.

In OVKK, you have define for the combination of Sales Area (Sales Org, Dis.Chn & Division), Document Pricing Procedure (_will be maintained in VOV8_), and Customer Pricing Procedure (will be maintained in Customer Master).

Whatever you define here, that will bring it to your sale order / billing.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr. Lakshmipathi,

Thank you very much for your invaluable inputs. Keep the good work going.

Cheers & Regards,

Vivek

Answers (0)