Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overpaid payment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

is there anybody have this case.

In my company client, the delivery can be process if the item is already paid first, it means that i need to create the down payment first.

But sometimes the customer pay over from the down payment amount. Ex : DP is $100 but payment in bank doing $150, then they want the $50 will assign as DP for next SO, it's mean that if the next SO value is $90, then the customer only need to pay next DP $40.

Please advice.

Tq.

-BR-

cindie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let me summarize my understanding of this scenario..

u have a DP of 150$ posted in FI from say ABC customer against SO 123 whereas it should be 100$ but customer has over paid to org...now u get another sales order say 234 from same customer ABC..now u want 50$ to be transfered in FI language to this customer against sales order 234...

Not much of expertise in FI but If my understanding is correct of ur scenario and other impact (Kindly consult FI consultant as well) then u just need to do FI transfer of amt..using F-02 posting key 9, one SO say 123, one customer say ABC and posting key19, another SO say 234, same customer say ABC and obviously with special G/L indicator A.

with this posting..u can cross check the FBL5n ..posting comes correct against SO.

Let me know whether this help.

Regards

Jagdish

Former Member
0 Kudos

tx for reply me,

but i'm not clearly understand with ur xplanation, so i'll discuss first with my FI friend.

anyway, tx so much...

regards,

cindy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know the scenario for a PO downpayment:

Hope this would help you,

Create a PO and pay advance using F-47, F-48. If a PO is there, automatically reference will come. Else no reference will come.

After Invoice is created, F-54 Clearing to be done for each downpayment.

And clear the Outstanding for vendor with advance in F-44.

regards,

Siddharth.