Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revenue split for material bundle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

can anybody help me?

i have product A, which is a bundle of product B,C,D. We want to maintain the stock is for A, also when input the product in sales order only input productA, the pricing also only for A.

But for the sales revenue is split for each B,C and D also for cost and gross margin.

i need the standard function, bcoz we cannot use the user exit.

Then sometimes also the product D is free, so when the invoice generate, the sales revenue only for product B and C, but the sales revenue for product D become sales expense.

Please advice,

thank you..

Regards,

cindie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cindy,

Tell me one thing on what logic this revenue should get split?...keeping this question aside for a moment...how u r mapping this...becoz as far as my knowledge goes...u need to have line item for material A, B , C, D so as to fetch individual pricing procedure for the same..then and only then based on pricing condition type for each line item material system will fetch a/c key and hence G/L to post the revenue while doing billing

secondly...u r maintaining the stock for A not for rest that means..other material is not relevant for PGI..and should be service material else delivery will give error

I still think all these are possible..with some setting here and there but most imp is my first question of logic behind revenue split...

e.g lets say i create a Sales order of qty 10 for material A for value 100$..let me know what should be qty system should determine for rest material and value as well..

This is interesting scenario..looking forward to ur reply

Regards

Jagdish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagdish,

tx for reply me,,

the company management need to know the each revenue of their product which involve in one bundle.

this also weird for me, but bcoz i usually handle manufacturing company so i just thinking maybe this is a standard process in retail/consumer product company.

Ok,example :

SO with net value : $100

consist : material A 10pcs @$10 = $100 (the pricing is only for the bundle material) also for availability check only check the stock of material A.

then GI for this material A, then doing billing = $100,

but the accounting journal for this billing is :

A1- revenue $35

sales $35

A2- revenue $35

sales $35

A3- revenue $30

sales $30

actually i already get the idea in SD using BOM and manage the stock and delivery using HU, but it seem that it will be complicated to manage the HU number every time they do the delivery.

Maybe u have another solution?

Tq very much..

regards,

cindy