cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foreign Trade Data Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a problem while creating billing document.

System is showing that"Foreign trade data is incomplete".Because customer belongs to foreign country.I am maintaining country in customer master data:General tab page.

Is it required to map foreign trade if the customer belongs to country other than India?

If we give country other than India than during creation billing document: in foreign trade/customs:organization tab page: number of foreign trade data and FT basis doc. cat. is coming automatically. But if I maintain IN in customer master record it is not coming.

So my question is how to solve this so that if I maintain country other than IN in customer master record than I can able to create billing document and release it to accounting..

Points will be awarded for a helpful answer.

Thank and regards.

Ashis Patnaik

Mobile:+91-9849130601

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Listed below are the areas of Customizing you need to check to ensure you have fully maintained the foreign trade master data, check objects, and proposal objects.

Because the system’s defaults depend on settings in Customizing, the more fully you maintain this data, the more complete the data in the purchasing and sales documents will be, and the more efficient the system will be to use.

You can access the Implementation Guide (IMG) to customize your area of interest via your project from the SAP standard menu by choosing Tools - AcceleratedSAP - Customizing - Edit Project.

In the IMG, make entries in the appropriate items in the checklist below to ensure that the Foreign Trade application component is prepared for use.

Check out the foll settings:

This checklist applies to configuring objects for both inward and outward processing.

1. Number range

Sales and Distribution - Foreign Trade/Customs - Define Number Ranges

2. Commodity codes and import code numbers

Sales and Distribution - Foreign Trade/Customs - Basic Data for Foreign Trade - Define Commodity Codes/Import Code Numbers by Country

3. Procedure

¡ Definition

Sales and Distribution - Foreign Trade/Customs - Basic Data for Foreign Trade - Define Procedures and Default Value - Define Procedure

¡ Sales and Distribution (SD) default value

Sales and Distribution - Foreign Trade/Customs - Basic Data for Foreign Trade - Define Procedures and Default Value - Define Procedure Default

¡ Materials Management (MM) default value

You maintain this value in the purchasing info record on the Purch. org. data 1 (Purchasing organization data1) screen.

4. Business transaction type

¡ Definition

Sales and Distribution - Foreign Trade/Customs - Basic Data for Foreign Trade - Define Business Transaction Types and Default Value - Define Business Types

¡ SD default value

Sales and Distribution - Foreign Trade/Customs - Basic Data for Foreign Trade - Define Procedures and Default Value - Define Default Business Type (SD)

¡ MM default value

Sales and Distribution - Foreign trade - Basic data for foreign trade - Define business transaction types and default value - Define default business transaction type (MM) (Table T604)

5. Mode of transport

¡ Definition

Sales and Distribution - Foreign Trade/Customs - Transportation Ddata - Define Modes of Transport

¡ MM default value

Maintained in the vendor master on the Purchasing data screen

6. Customs offices

¡ Definition

Sales and Distribution - Foreign trade - Transportation Data - Define Customs Offices

¡ MM default value

Maintained in the vendor master on the Purchasing data screen.

7. Control of import data screens

Sales and Distribution - Foreign Trade/Customs - Control Foreign Trade Data in MM and SD Documents - Import Screens in Purchasing Document

8. Countries

General Settings - Set Countries - Define Countries

9. Currencies

General Settings - Currencies - Enter Exchange Rates

for master rec., refer the foll. site.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/93/74440d546011d1a7020000e829fd11/frameset.htm

Hope it would help.

Regards,

Siddharth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have the following scenaro:

My client is a EOU(Export Oriented Unit)

Its only plant is in India.

All customers are export customers.

e.g. US.

So we are maintaining country US in customer master data:General Data Tab Page.

But after creating billing document when i am going to save it :

1) The billing document is saved.

2) But It is telling foreign trade data is incomplete.So I cant able to release it to accounting.

Here there is no foreign data configuraion(for my client).

So I will be solve this problem.

Its very very urgent.

Points will be awarded for helpful answers.

Regards

Ashis Patnaik

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I guess ur plant is having IN as country and as u said ur customer is outside from india..then system will definetly ask for foreign trade data...in IMG u have incompletion schema for this ..which u can define destination country wise..if no schema is defined...then system throws u the following list or field to filled based on hardcode

Export/Import Procedure for Foreign Trade

Country of origin of the material

Commodity Code/Import Code Number for Foreign Trade

so u need to maintain either manually or default it in IMG..as suggested by other guys

Regards

Jagdish

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ashis

You are wrong my dear friend. I am sure, you would have created the client with country IN and currency INR.

In that case, if the customer whoever you are creating belongs to outside India, definitely you will always the problem "Incomplete Foreign Trade Data" and you CANNOT generate Accounting Document once you created billing document.

Either you have to rectify this incompleteness manually invoice wise or set as default in IMG as stated earlier.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ashis

Whenever you generate export invoices, by default, you will face this problem.

To avoid this, Go to vi95 and set the default parameters.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have the following scenaro:

My client is a EOU(Export Oriented Unit)

Its only plant is in India.

All customers are export customers.

e.g. US.

So we are maintaining country US in customer master data:General Data Tab Page.

But after creating billing document when i am going to save it :

1) The billing document is saved.

2) But It is telling foreign trade data is incomplete.So I cant able to release it to accounting.

Here there is no foreign data configuraion(for my client).

So I will be solve this problem.

Its very very urgent.

Points will be awarded for helpful answers.

Regards

Ashis Patnaik