cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock and release Business users automatically by a background job

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We want to have absolutely no business activity done by the users for about one hour on the last day of month when the month end processing background job runs.

The only solution that i have is to lock all the users from SU10 and release them once the background job finishes.

This period should be about an hour.

So we want to automate the process of locking and releasing the users. Please suggest a way to do this if we can.

Thanks,

Tanuj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tanuj,

why don't using the tp command on OS level?

With the option tp locksys you can lock the system and nobody is able to logon anymore, while the user who were still logged on can continue with their work.

Bye

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. can you please explain me the usage of tp locksys.

Also , Is there any way we can kill the users who logged in at that time by an automated process, because they are not supposed to use the system at that time.

We are trying to do all these just to avois manual intervention in the Month end processing.

Thanks,

Tanuj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tanuj,

to use the tp command go on OS level of the system you want to lock and logon as <sid>adm.

Then it must be "tp locksys <SID>" and after then nobody is able to logon. You'll get a error message if you try.

"tp unlocksys <SID>" releases the system.

(Plz check the syntax by calling "tp help" I'm not sure if it's perfectly correct and I have no system around me to check, sorry).

You can also call this command via external commands. [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/c4/3a607b505211d189550000e829fbbd/frameset.htm]

And these command you can build in as a first step in your job (SM36).

As far as I know logging off all users automatically is only possible by restart ("stopsap r3") the instance (but you can also plan that by scripts on OS level).

Bye

Frank