SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fund Management - Issues in Upgrade from 4.6C to ECC6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are upgrading SAP Application for a client who is on 4.6C to ECC6. The client is currently using Funds Management in 4.6C. With ECC6 I understand that this functionality is moved into Public Sector and is available only on activation of IS-PS Extension Set.

The question I have is that does this activation impact any other business processes or is just a technical activation.

What I mean is that if I activate this extension set does the system start doing things differently and needs specific data related to Public Sector which the business users will be required to be entered while doing transactions OR the activation will not impact business processes as such and would work as earlier with Funds management active. (except where there was a change in the functionality between 4.6C to ECC6)

I would like to know the risks, if any involved in upgrading Funds Management from 4.6C to ECC6.

Please reply and let me know any question to get more clarity on the issue.

Best Regards

Kuldeep

17 REPLIES 17

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First do a technical upgrade to ECC 6.0 and after activate ISPS extension.

But this is not sufficient. You will have to activate NEW GL in ECC 6.0

Customise the new functionalities in FM 6.0, BCS replacing FBS.

When go live process to migrating former BS to BCS.

AS you see migrating from 46C to ECC 6.0 is a project which dures approx 1 year.

Sorry to duscourage you

Salvator

PSM-FM ECC 6.0 Consultant

Suitzerland

Please read also all the documentation and release notes. Not so easy to go in ECC 6.0 but in ECC 6.0 do you have less bugs and more functionalities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kuldeep,

There are several main issues that have to be addresses when upgrading from 4.6 to ECC6. The main ones are:

1 - Derivations. The object are no longer connected through tables or master data entries (you may have a table that links Cost Centers to Funds Centers for example). These assignments are now maintained through a flexible derivation tool. These derivation rules have to be maintaind, or the posting addresses will have no FM values and you will not be able to post any documents.

2 - Inventory purchases. The inventory purchases scenarios are no longer maintained through the customization (you can no longer choose one of the 4 inventory scenarios, and there's no warehouse Funds Center). These are all maintained through derivations.

3 - BCS. There's a new budgeting and AVC tool called "Budget Control System" (BCS). You can either activate it, or keep working with the old budgeting (called "former" in the customization). The new BCS affords flexibility in budgeting and AVC, including several AVC ledgers.

More data regarding migrations can be found in documentation. If you want, I can send you the PDF document.

Best regards,

Shahaf Yaari

shahaf.yaari@ness.com

0 Kudos

Hello Shahaf,

Thanks for the reply. Your answer will certainly be helpful in understanding the impact. Some more questions:

1. Is New GL Mandatory for activation of Funds Management in ECC6??

2. Does upgrade from FI-FM to ECC6 - IS-PS mean that I need to re-implement the entire funds management functionality from scratch or does SAP provide any solution to migrate the historical data (Master / Transaction data) and all relevant customization which is required to run Funds Management in ECC6.

Can you send me the document, if you have.

Appreciate for your help.

Best Regards

Kuldeep

0 Kudos

Hi,

1. The New GL functionality is part of FI. It is not required for FM activation (or, in that matter even for FI). You shouldn't worry about that - let the FI people figure it out.

2. SAP migrates almost everything. All your master data and your customizations are migrated, except several specific areas (such as the ones aforementioed). You can get a better idea from the upgrade document. At the end of the day I'd say 90% of your settings are fully migrated.

What's your email address? I'll send you the document.

Best regards,

Shahaf

0 Kudos

Hi Shahaf,

Can you send me funds management ECC 6.0 to my mail id. I will appreciate you.

Thanks In advance

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

The document provided will be helpful in understanding the impact abd steps to be performed while upgrading SAP to ECC6 where funds management is also active.

Thanks

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Besides of the 'Submit content' link, you can also attach a file when entering your reply to this 'Thread', you can use the 'Attach files' option.

If you cannot add the document by this way, I can do it for you, just send it to my mail mar.novalbos@sap.com and I will do it.

thanks!

Regards, Mar

0 Kudos

Hi Mar,

Where's the "Attach Files" option in the reply set?

I don't seem to have it.

Ciao,

Shahaf

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Shahaf,

Yes, you are right, the 'Attach files' option is not available for all contributors. Sorry for that.

Please send the pdf to my mail: mar.novalbos@sap.com and I will attach it to this thread.

I hope it's ok for you all..

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Kind regards, Mar

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Files have been removed

Thanks!

Regards, Mar

0 Kudos

Hello Mar,

Your ZIP file is empty.

Could you please attach it again with content ?

Thanks in advance.

Laetitia VOGEL

0 Kudos

Hi All...

After the file has been uploaded, where do i find it in the forum so that I can download?

Any link?

Thanks,

Lorenz

0 Kudos

Hi Shahaf,

Our client will upgrade from 4.6C to ECC6 and have some issues with Fund Management. Could I know

where I may find the link to your Document Upgrade ECC6.

Thank you very much!

Julie

0 Kudos

Hi Shahaf,

Our client will upgrade from IS PS 4,62 to EA PS 6.0 and have some issues with Fund Management. Could I know

where I may find the link to your Document Upgrade ECC6.

Thank you very much!

Diego

0 Kudos

Hi Mar,

Our client will upgrade from IS PS 4,62 to EA PS 6.0 and have some issues with Fund Management.

Did you attach the file document for Issues in Upgrade from 4.6C to ECC6. where do i find it in the forum?

Thank You very much for your help

Yunus

0 Kudos

Hello Shafar and/or Mark

Can you please let me know where to find this document ?

My company is upgrading from 4.6C to ECC 6.0 - AVC functionality and this document would be of great help !

Thank you !

Sara.

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi colleagues

Sorry, I must block this trhead. Please all review the Engagement rules, as we must avoid this type of threads.

Do not provide copyrighted material

Do not ask to send you an email

Provide materials as attachment to a post.

As helpful material is, do not forget that other users might also be interested in your documents. Do not send them as email to the asking poster, but attach them to your answering post or in the appropriate wiki section. Its also possible to provide a publicly available link. Use the How to Contribute -> Content Submission System link on the SDN, the SDN platform team will upload the document for you and provide you with a link. This way you not only serve others but also yourself, by avoiding dozens of posts also asking for your material.

thanks to you all

Regards, Mar