cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2EE SLD Configuration (NW04s ABAP+J2EE)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have just installed NW04s BI System with ABAP + J2EE (SP13).

We have a SLD running on SolMan 4.0 (SP13) which is a different host.

I have configured the ABAP part of the SLD for NW04s BI System and it is working fine.

I have no idea how to configure the J2EE side of it.

The only thing I have defined is a Business and Technical system for J2EE in our SolMan SLD for our BI.

I do not know how to proceed for J2EE of our BI system. I have found few links but kind of confused.

Can anyone please give me exact steps I need to configure. I do not need detail but just a sequence of steps.

I will appreciate your help.

Regards.

SSingh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Login to J2EE Administrator. Go to SLD Data Supplier.

In the bottom click on HTTP Settings.

Over there Enter the Host name, Port, User : SLDDSUSER , Password of SLDDSUSER. Click on Save.

Note : If you want you can create a new user and assign the user same rights as SLDDSUSER and then use it.

On the top there will be a button/link like.. Trigger/Send Data to SLD. Click on that.

Now you should be able to see Technical System for the WebAS Java in SolMan SLD.

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the reply. It helped.

My goal is to creat the BI system as a Application System in SXMB_ADM. I have done the ABAP part including the destinations SAPSLDAPI, LCRSAPRFC and SLD configuration. They are working fine as I said in my message.

Now from the J2EE side, the only thing which is required is what you said.

Is that enough to make make the J2EE also a Application System or more needs to be done once J2EE is SLD ready. I know that J2EE should also be craeted as a Business and Technical in SLD. That part is done.

Please respond.

Regards.

SSingh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surendra,

When your BI J2EE engine will self register in SLD , then the Technical System will be automatically created of type WebAS Java. So .you dont need to create it manually.

You consider creating a Business System if you are planning to use that in ID. I mean it is not mandatory to create a BS .

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you.

Again my question is that -

Is that all I need to include the J2EE part of the BI to become a Application System or more steps are required.

Thank you.

SSingh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once the TS is automatically created in SLD. You would need to manually create the BS.

Thats it.

Regards,

Sumit

Answers (0)