cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current Month Capacity Availability in Capacity Data View

Former Member
0 Kudos

Capacity Data View Does Not Roll Forward - current month still shows full monthly capacity being available (744 hours for January 2008) even though we are on 01/11/2008 (504 hours left in January 2008). Where in the configuration this value is calculated? What change I need to make to the configuration to make the monthly capacity view rolling forward.

Appriciates all of your help.

Thanks. Tom

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont think planning book capacity view takes into account the expired and available capacity in the month. Couple of options that you can explore if this is a hard-constraint:

1. Train planners to go into daily view through the period structure settings button to get a daily view of capacity data. Or you can construct a dedicated daily view.

2. Modify the SAP standard macros that calculates the available capacity in monthly view using a user exit macro that does this expiry calculation.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Thanks for your feedback. Regarding to your Option #2, do you know where to look for the SAP Standard macros that calculate monthly capacity view? I'm not an ABAP programmer and verified that this calculation was not existed under the marco view. Perhaps this value is calculated by the SAP-APO system itself? Any information you could provide would be much appriciated.

"2. Modify the SAP standard macros that calculates the available capacity in monthly view using a user exit macro that does this expiry calculation."

Thank you, Tom.

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, what I meant was you can define a key figure say "Available Capacity" that is calculated using user exit macros to populate the actual future available capacity in a month/week. In the SAP standard macros replace the row Capacity by this new key figure, or better still develop a new capacity view as a replica of standard view (you dont want to mess up the standard view) to show these calculations. You can later decommision the standard view.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivas,

I'm new to the SAP-APO area, the key figure "Capacity" view is already there. I would like to find out where to look for the config/marco calculation of the value for that key figure. Is there a way that I can verify to where the code/configuration? If I can find out where is the config, then I can go from there to modify it.

Thanks again. Tom

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure if you can debug the code. Anyway when you go into Macroworkbench, you can right click and pickup the option to look into the ABAP code generated behind the macros. It may be definitely more than 1000 line code and so am not sure if you want to go there. You may want to eliminate the macros in the capacity view one by one to exactly isolate the code that does the capacity calculation.

Alternatively as I suggested, you can use a user exit macro to do the calculation. The UE macro can look into tables such as /sapapo/editquan to exactly calculate the resource per day and finally interrogate location calendars to calculate available capacity which can be published in a user defined key figure.(even a planning book KF should do unless you want to generate DB alerts).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivas krishnamoorthy,

Thank you very much for your help. I figured out that you can change the Days field in the Resource Master to 0 and the capcity view will show up to date capacity for the month.

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Guess you are right. Completely forgot about that. You may still need to run /sapapo/capacity_lengthen program though to ensure that resource is initialized for right buckets.

Also any planned/production order that rolls into the past or is rolling into the past may need to be deleted/processed so it does not access invalid resource.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivas,

You are right, changing the Days value to 0 resolves the capacity view issue but impacting PP/DS Planning. We need at least 30 days of time steam in the past in order to do proper production scheduling and display.

Do you have any ideas on what configuration change that I need to change to make it work for both SNP and PP/DS?

Thanks,

Tom

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried blanking out the past Time bucket profile in Capacity Data view design, remove the "initial" checkbox and also have a planning start date as current date.

Answers (0)