cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to SQL Server - xMII 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I' m trying to connect to the SQL server from xMII 12.0. The status is showing as error. I was able succesfully upload the "sqljdbc.jar" JDBC driver successfully.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

erik_schrampf
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sunada,

I think everyone needs a little more information than that. What do the logs say there will be an error showing there (search the forum for how to look at the logs in 12.0 there are many out there). Is your username and password entered corretly, are you able to ping the box with SQL server? What version of SQL server are you connecting to? Are you using the correct port?

Erik

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created the data server as explained in the previous step. I uploaded and deployed the SQLJDBC.JAR file.

Data server status is showing as pending. In the log there is a warning message "Unable to detemermine maximum number of connections from JDBC driver".

Look's like I'm getting close. Appreciate your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am in a similar situtation. The error message is:

Unable to create connection pool for MID: com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.logging.LHException: Fatal error has occurred while filling connection pool for server://localhost:1433?database=MID

I am unsure where to go from here. I have tried a local database and a remote database and I get the same error message.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Casey

former_member192939
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Casey

Check for the firewall rule

Regards,

Ajay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, both the Netweaver Server and Database Server firewalls are off.

I have counfirmed TCP/IP connectivity with telnet on port 1433. But the problem remains

Thanks,

Casey

erik_schrampf
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Casey,

Take a look at note 990322 looks like your server URL is not set up correctly. Try one of the following:

1. jdbc:sqlserver://localhost:1433;database=Northwind

2. jdbc:sqlserver://localhost;instanceName=instance;portName=1433;database=Northwind

Erik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erik,

Yes, in one of many iterations, I tried the url as you specified both to a local and a remote database (both Default Instances). For my situation, it does not seem to make any difference. (one of the other forum threads I found with similar connection problems, suggested the url as specified in the error message.

regards,

Casey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try restarting your Netweaver instances and good luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pramod,

it never hurts to reboot and I reverted to Erik's url suggestion but I still get:

Unable to create connection pool for MID: com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.logging.LHException: Fatal error has occurred while filling connection pool for jdbc:sqlserver://localhost:1433?database=MID

Any other ideas?

Casey

erik_schrampf
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Casey,

Can you copy your connection information into the message. The easiest way to do this would be to copy and paste your Summary screen for the Data Server you are having problems with. Also by default 2005 has tcp/ip turned off. It also has dynamic ports turned on. You'll need to have tcp/ip turned on and dynamic ports turned off.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erik,

The following data is a summary for a local default instance of MSSQL 2005 (Installed as part of NW 70 Install - via SQL4SAP.vbs)

Name Value

Connector IDBC

ConnectorID

ConnectorType SQL

DatePrefix '

DateSuffix '

DaysRetention 7

Description ---

Enabled T

InitCommand

InternalDateFormat yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss

JDBCDriver com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver

MaxRetryCount 5

Name MID

PoolMax 100

PoolSize 1

RetryInterval 60000

ServerPackage com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.connectors.IDBC

ServerURL jdbc:sqlserver://localhost:1433?database=MID

Timeout 15

UseCount 256

UserName sa

ValidationQuery SELECT GETDATE()

WaitTime 30

Does this show any discrepancies?

Thanks,

Casey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erik,

I reverted to Una2000.jar as per your suggestion and this has solved my problem - I am now connected to my databases.

Is there a reason to pursue the issue with sqljdbc.jar?

Thanks,

Casey

Former Member
0 Kudos

I deployed the JDBC driver, downloaded from the Microsoft web site.

JDBCDriver: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver

Server path : server://172.31.64.64:1033:instance=SQL2005?database=Legacy

I' m getting the following error.

Fatal error while filling connection pool for server://172.31.64.64:1033:instance=SQL2005?database=Legacy

[EXCEPTION]

java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver

at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:532)

at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:171)

at com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.tools.database.ConnectionPool.createConnectionObject(ConnectionPool.java:322)

at com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.tools.database.ConnectionPool.fill(ConnectionPool.java:266)

at com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.tools.database.ConnectionPool.initialize(ConnectionPool.java:131)

at com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.tools.database.ConnectionPool.<init>(ConnectionPool.java:41)

at com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.tools.database.ConnectionHolder.addDBConnectionPool(ConnectionHolder.java:121)

at com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.server.Server.createHolder(Server.java:266)

at com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.server.Server.access$300(Server.java:20)

Because of this I' m not able to connect. I' m getting the following error.

Unable to create connection pool for Final2: com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.logging.LHException: Fatal error has occurred while filling connection pool for server://172.31.64.64:1033:instance=SQL2005?database=Legacy

Please suggest me how to correct this.

Thank you

Sunanda kambham

717-756-4852

Edited by: Sunanda kambham on Jan 15, 2008 10:19 PM

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Depending on how sql server is set up the serverurl could be something like

jdbc:sqlserver://localhost\SQLEXPRESS:1433;database=YourDB

or

jdbc:sqlserver://localhost:1433;database=YourDB

By default sql server 2005 does not have tcp/ip connections enabled.

Regards,

Jamie

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sunny,

Assuming that you have accurately uploaded and deployed the jar file properly, the 'No Suitable Driver' error message normally indicates you have a mismatch between the jar file and the JDBCDriver setting.

If you open a copy of the jar file you deployed using WinZip or WinRAR do you see a file called SQLServerDriver.class located in the nested path of com\microsoft\sqlserver\jdbc\ ? This path and the file name is case sensitive too.

Problems with the connection string should only produce errors like 'Connection Refused' or 'Host Unavailable', not a driver error.

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all responses. I' m using SQL SERVER 2005. Here is my error log.

"Unable to create connection pool for funal2: com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.logging.LHException:java.lang.Classnotfoundexception: com.inet.tds.TdsDriver".

I uploaded the JDBC driver. May be this is giving problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you say uploaded - it means Deployed , right? What does the status of the JDBC driver reads?It should read "Deployed"

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You need to modify the JDBCDriver of the data server.

It should be

com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver

com.inet.tds.TdsDriver

is the path to the 2000 JDBCDriver.

Regards,

Jamie

HariCS23
Contributor
0 Kudos

What version of SQL you are using??

Please make sure the jdbc driver parameter

For SQL server 2005 - com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver