cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR: Check for used DCs failed: Used component not found: sap.com/crm/ip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have been struggling with this issue for weeks now...I have tried everything that I could think of, but in vain. I'm turning to the experts now...This is the error that i get when I build a project created from crm/isa/web/b2c

Jan 11, 2008 10:47:59 AM /userOut/Development Component (com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.provider.listener.DevConfListener) [Thread[ModalContext,5,main]] ERROR: crm/isa/web/b2c: Build failed for sap.com/crm/isa/web/b2c(sap.com_SAP-SHRWEB_1) in variant "default": Check for used DCs failed: Used component not found: sap.com/crm/ipc/srv/msa/server. DC not found in DC syncdb

-

Build log -

Development Component Build (2008-01-11 10:47:59)

Component name: crm/isa/web/b2c

Component vendor: sap.com

SC compartment: sap.com_SAP-SHRWEB_1

Configuration: DCR_PETRACK_D

Source code location: http://pbsdcrdb:50000/dtr/ws/PETRACK/sap.com_SAP-SHRWEB/dev/inactive/DCs/sap.com/crm/isa/web/b2c/_co...

DC root folder: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\.dtc\0\DCs\sap.com\crm\isa\web\b2c\_comp\

DC type: J2EE

DC subtype: WebModule

Host: safepc

DC Model check:

All used DCs are available locally

ERROR: Check for used DCs failed: Used component not found: sap.com/crm/ipc/srv/msa/server. DC not found in DC syncdb

Build failed with errors.

When I look in the used DC's in the DC MetaData of the DC DCR_PETRACK_Dcrmisawebb2c~sap.com, it shows all the crm/ipc/msa/server and crm/ipc/msa/* (* = server, server/impl, commands, commands/impl) DC's. Any help in resolving this issue will be highly appreciated and rewarded.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you "Sync Used Archives" for the DC?

From the Active DCs list, ensure that sap.com/SAP-SHRWEB and sap.com/SAP_BUILDT are not empty.

Regards

Srinivasan T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan,

Yes, I have done Sync Used DC's n number of times. SAP-IPCMSA on the local development section is empty. I have not been able to get it to where the SAP-IPCMSA on the local would not be blank. In DC Configuration view, under active and inactive DC's all DC's have stuff inside them and none of them are empty. On the local only a few have stuff in them, while the others are empty like IPCMSA. Not sure if that is the issue. And if that is, could you please let me know what the solution is?

Thanks

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether the component "sap.com/SAP-SHRWEB" is actually not available locally. If it is not available, use "Sync as archives" or "create a project" for the component. Repeat the component build.

Regards

Srinivasan T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan,

I had done that earlier too...but it didnt work and gives me the same error message when building.

The following are available locally:

CUSTCRMPRJ_1

SAP_BUILDT_1

SAP_JTECHS_1

SAP-JEE_1

SAP-SHRAPP_1

SAP-SHRWEB_1

SAP-SHRJAV_1

STRUTS_1

SAP-IPCMSA_1 is not available locally no matter what I do. If I try to sync archives on this one, it gives me tons of errors. It is then available locally but is broken, has the red symbol.

We are on Patch Level 9. Not sure if that could be the issue.

The other thing i noticed was in NWDI->CBS for the specified track B2CTRACK, the compartment SAP-IPCMSA_1 has 6 total DC's and all DC's are broken. Looking at the details, it shows red light on MetaData for all 6 DC's. and red light for usages for the following:

crm/ipc/srv/msa/commands

crm/ipc/srv/msa/commands/impl

crm/ipc/srv/msa/server/impl

How do i fix this?

Edited by: Praveen Chauhan on Jan 15, 2008 9:49 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Certain SPs (especially of SAP-SHRWEB) available on SAP Service Market Place contain data which cannot be successfully imported in NWDI of version lower than 7.0 SP11 NWDI Patch 1.

You may have to upgrade the component "Design Time Repository" say DTR 7.00 SP11. This will repair the versioning data so that the missing files are visible again.

Regards

Srinivasan T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan,

Are you sure that we cannot make it work on SP09 and that we will have to upgrade to SP11 to make this work? I know of some clients who have gone live with B2B on SP06. Ours is B2C and SP09. Please advise if it is required to move to SP11. If it is then we might have to start that process ASAP.

The other thing -

Do we have to import all SCA's with patch 11?

Do we have to upgrade only the DTR Component to SP11 or all the components to SP11?

If it is only DTR Component to SP11, then will it cause any other inconsistencies if the other components are SP09?

Waiting for the expert advice.

Thanks

Praveen

Edited by: Praveen Chauhan on Jan 16, 2008 7:47 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The following note will give a clarification,

Note 1055973 - Missing files after Import

Hope this helps !

Regards

Srinivasan T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

Thanks for the response. I have gone through the note and have started the upgrade of DTR component to SP11 and NWDI SP11 patch 1. After that I will try doing it again and if it resolves the issue will assign you more points for the answers. If it does not, then I will post the error and would appreciate if you could help me resolve it.

Thanks again.

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

I just checked with our Basis group to find out what version of DTR we are on and this is what I have received:

sap.com/DI_CBS 7.0 12.0

sap.com/DI_CMS 7.0 12.1

sap.com/DI_DTR 7.0 12.2

So looks like we are on DTR version 12. Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm still having issues with the Broken DC's in std SAP SCA's like SAP-IPCMSA, SAPSHRWEB, SAP-SHRAPP. Any ideas on how to fix these broken DC's?

Thanks

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

First check the build logs of these DCs to get hints on the cause(s).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check your track which versions of used SC's are defined, and also check if they're are also available on file level for build and are accesible through CBS. And also check you're version of NWDS.

Regards,

Daniel