cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice split by number of delivery line items

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone assist in providing me with a solution to the problem of splitting invoices based on the number of delivery line items. I know there is an SAP restricting of 999 lines when posting to SAP.

Example:

If my delivery has 20 line items is there a way to split the invoice into two separate documents of 10 lines each?

Thanks

Anirudh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Anirudh

If you want to restrict the line items in billing, the same can be done. Follow the IMG Path.

Sales and Distribution --> Billing --> Billing Documents --> Country Specific Features --> Maintain maximum number of Billing items.

Here, based on your sales organization, line items could be restricted.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshimipath,

Thanks for the suggestions. This should work.

Anirudh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Instead of splitting the Invoice on the basis of delivery line items, you can fix the maximum of lines allowed in the Invoice. So this will help you having multiple invoices from a delivery.

I don't know if this suits you.

There is routine number 6 which acomplishes this (Single Invoice Limited), where coding has been done on the basis of config. (Sales Org:Limit number of billing items TVKO-MAXBI).

This can be assigned at the item level (Copy control - Delivery to Billing, VTFL)

Instead you can create a seperate routine which initially checks the number number of line items in the reference delivery document and then creates an invoice with specific lines.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

After some more research on my end I found the same thing under configuration as well. I need to test this out if this fits our business requirements. Anyway, thanks for the quick response and hopefully it should work. I will keep this thread updated accordingly.

Anirudh