Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I install a new license restored system to another server

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have restored a backup of an existing system to another server to create a lab system. How do I log in so that I can get a new license key for that hardware id? I've tried removing SAP* from usr02 but it has a j2ee engine also and my thought it the abap and j2ee side aren't matching up? Please help!

8 REPLIES 8

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can get the hardware key on OS level as well with saplicense, but for the more modern systems you'll need to logon to install it. Apart from removing the sap* entry from USR02, is the system parameter "logon/no_automatic_user_sapstar" set to 0?

0 Kudos

okay, I've put the parameter in the ci profile and restarted the system. Now I keep getting 'name or password is incorrect (repeat logon)'. I have deleted the sap* entry from the usr02 table, and I've tried both pass and 06071992 for passwords, what am I missing?

0 Kudos

The only thing I can think of, since it happened to me with my minisap system, is that this parameter should not be ad the end of the file because I got the feeling it was ignored. Apart from that I'm out of options.

0 Kudos

Thanks for your help, I think you got me closer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Login to OS level and use the following command

saplicense -get

that will give you the hardware key

saplicense -install to install the license.

Thanks

Prince jose

0 Kudos

>

> saplicense -install to install the license.

That does not work for the newer versions anymore. I'll see if I can find the version threshold.

Nowadays you must use tr. SLICENSE so logging on as sap* is probabely the only way.....

Addition:

Note 870871 tells a lot more about installing licenses.

Edited by: Jurjen Heeck on Jan 11, 2008 10:46 PM

0 Kudos

I think you can do either way .. I didn't try with saplicense lately coz the transaction is pretty easy

As its a database copy he can login to system with his sourse user id after installing the license.

Thanks

Prince Jose

0 Kudos

But the problem is you have to be able to log in to reach the SLICENSE transaction. I can't login, I need to find a back door or something.