cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prop Factors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whats Fixed and Detailed Prof Factors ? I tried to read the doc but didnt understand it.

I have my corr History KF. We removed the history from bad locations and put on right locations, now when i calculate the prop factors, later when i load the data from a backup cube(this cube has complete data based on wrong locations too) to a KF based on prop factors, will it really not load the data onto wrong locations ? I want the data to come to only right locations.

& When i have to use these fixed and detailed factors ?

Thanks for any insight.

venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closing the thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

when i am calculating the fixed Prop factors, why i am seeing different prop factors for each time bkt ? I hope it should be the same prop factors in each month.

thx

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

The UoM is PC and lowest storage is Week. and the KF is of I type. Yes, i need to load at higher levels due to the prop factors. and I see some 25-50% Up in the totals. The cube is PA backup cube only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ambrish,

Yes, i can load the data on Aggregated levels. But i am seeing when i am loading on aggregated levels, my totals getting increased. If i load only on all (detailed) levels, its coming to be correct.

May i know if you understand whats fixed and Detailed proportions ?

thx

venkat

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you highlight what is the planning area unit of measure and its storage accuracy ?

What is the Disagg Type of this Key figure that you are trying to load at higher level ?

What is the percentage increase when you load at aggr level?

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you bring the KF back from the Cube to Planning area, bring can you not bring it at the aggregate level ? (The proportional factors calculated in the previous run will then be used for disaggregating to the correct locations).

Save the calculated proportional factors in some other KF (in case you need to).