cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Execute SQL program parameters.txt from note 830576 in Unicode systems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to Link:[Note 830576 - Parameter recommendations for Oracle 10g|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/830576], I execute the SQL program attached to the note (parameters.txt) via ABAP report RSORADJV and I get the error: «(ORA-911) ORA-00911: invalid character». This error only happens in Unicode systems.

Is there a version of this SQL program for Unicode systems?

Steps for the reconstruction:

Download parameters.txt attached to Link:[note 830576|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/830576]. Run transacção SE38, run report RSORADJV, upload parameters.txt, execute the SQL statement (F8).

Best regards,

André Nunes

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the same SQL statement fails in RSORADJV and works fine in SQLPLUS the problem can be caused by a line break issue in RSORADJV. I have seen similar strange effects with some RSORADJV releases that were finally caused by an automatically generated line break.

Regards

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

this time I've opened the parameters.txt file in Wordpad (or jEdit) and it worked just fine.

Thanks,

André

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looking at the parameters.txt file, you should run the code from Oracle's SQLPLUS utility instead of ABAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are some advantages running within that ABAP report: I get a table grid with comments and recommendations for each parameter.

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

hello André,

I'm not aware of such "issue", of course, I do not have available any "unicode" system around to check

-> do you get the same error if you execute it via SQLPLUS or only on RSORAJDV?

if it is on both, can you paste here the line where it reports the error?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fidel,

running via SQLPlus I do not get any error but the output makes no sense. This report is valuable if I run it through RSORAJDV.

Regards,

André