cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Netweaver Installation on SQl Server

0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to Install SAP BW server on microsoft SQl Standard 2005 Edition My current hardware is 8 CPU and 16 Gb memeory ,If I install SAP BW (kernel 640) on SQL Standard edition will it cause any performance Issue or will i able to able to install SAp on Standard Edition edition..

Thanks

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

thanks a lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Basis Consultant, if you want to put this server as a Production System, you can't run SAP on a SQL Server Standard Edition as says on the installation guide. Also, if you look at the media kits delivered by SAP, it comes with MSSQL Server 2005 Enterprise Edition.

Regards,

Darwin Castillo

SAP Netweaver System Administrator

0 Kudos

Thanks for all the replies..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Basis Consultant,

There is no difference in performance between SQL 2005 Enterprise and SQL 2005 Standard versions, since the database engine they use is the same.

However, given your hardware (8 CPUs) you CANNOT install SQL 2005 Standard edition since the Standard edition is limited to use up to 4 CPUs maximum.

Therefore, the only solution to make the most out of your hardware is the SQL 2005 Enterprise edition.

Please award points if this answered your question.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I'm trying to understand the problem so bear with me.

Are you asking if there is a performance issue with installing BW on SQL Server 2005, with 8CPU's and 16GB of RAM.

The short answer would be no. Performance issues normally come with Dataloads, infocubes etc.

So I think you will be safe with installing BW on the server.

Make sure you have plenty of disk space. Obviously follow the SAP NetWeaver 7.0 BW Inst Guide which is available at http://service.sap.com/instguides.

I hope this was useful.

Thanks

Adil