cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measuring mapping performance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a Java mapping (DOM)implementation.

Can anyone please suggest some methods or tools to measure performance of such a mapping.

Thanks in advance,

Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

All

I think that can be seen here:

1) Visual Administrator -> Server -> Service -> Performance Tracing -> JARM -> Component Overview

2) You can read the Performance Header within the ABAP Message Monitoring, section "Request Message Mapping".

There might be also on option using the NetWeaver Administrator, but havn't found my way round there yet.

Best Regards

Mathias

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The blog is this one: /people/udo.martens/blog/2006/08/23/comparing-performance-of-mapping-programs

He just measured the end-to-end runtime and analysed the impact of changing the mappings in the runtime. It was not a quantitative analysis but a qualitative one: mapping type A was better than B.

Regards,

Henrique.

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

I dont think there are any ready made tools available. I remeber a blog does exist comparing the performances of mapping. Search it in the forum.

Otherwise, you can note the system time stamps before the beginning of the Java code and at the end and find out till milli seconds the program is taking to execute..!! That would be my approach.

VJ