Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Not able to save free form search as named search

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Hope you are doing well.

I got your ID from SDN, and I have a similar issue that you faced in price validity.

I am on and SRM MDM Catalog project and the requirement go this way.

There will be future price maintained in the qualified price table based of Valid From and Valid to date.

For the above requirement, I use free text search and add as

IF Valid from <= today and Valid to >= today then display in search text.

This works fine when I save as a local search, but when I save the same as named search, When I access the name search I am getting the following error

"The restored name searches contain invalid search selections, whch have been removed for the current search. To correct this problem restore each named search , modify it as necessary , and save it to the named search"

Please help me.

Thanks in advance,

Nish Kel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nish,

Sorry for the late reply.

Firstly, you will have to create the Named search. For this please follow the following steps:

1. Go to Data Manager and open the table Named Searches. Create a named search.

2. Now, select your main table and go to free form search. Select the field on the basis of which you want to make a named search and select all the records of this field.

3.Go to search tab. Click save as named search and restore the named search.

Now open the Named searches table under the main table n you can see if the records are added to the named search made by you or not.

Hope that it will be helpful to you.

Regards

Richa

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member201266
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nish,

Local search is for the user who log in; he can save the records for his log in.. if other user logs in then he wont be able to find those search saved by other users. where are named search stores the search cretria that was at the time of saving... and i think you have to look at your search conditions... you have used todate... try out with some thing similar.. might be your problem will be solved.

Cheers,

Cherry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried the solution that you mentioned. But still I am facing the same problem.

Please note:

In my scenario, I am trying to implement SRM-MDM Catalog 2.0.

The requirement is to maintain price for an item on date validity basis. i.e for e.g there is an item “Item-001”

Item 1 will have price based on date,

Product Description Price ValidityFrom ValidityTo

001 Sample Item 10 10/01/2008 20/01/2008

11 21/01/2008 30/01/2008

In the above condition, I want that. If I access the catalog item “001” between 10/01/2008 and 20/01/2008 it should display the price as 10$

And if I access the catalog item between 21/01/2008 and 30/01/2008 it should display the price as 11$.

To achieve the above requirement, I have added two qualified fields (ValidityFrom and ValidityTo) in the sub-table Price

Now I give date range for the above custom fields in the free form search and save the search as a named search (.

When I try to restore the named search I get the below error

"The restored name searches contain invalid search selections, which have been removed for the current search. To correct this problem restore each named search, modify it as necessary , and save it to the named search"

Please help me on this issue

Regards,

Nish Kel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nish,

did you find the answer to your question? I'm facing the same problem...

Thanx,

Mircea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nish

first in data manager select Name search as the tablename. Create a new named search giving the description u want.

next again select the main table of the repository and use whatever selections in free form search. Save this as named search u have defined earlier using the main menu Search> Save as named search.

when u r restoring it will work now and the same will also reflect in the named search table in console.

hope it helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nish,

As per my Knowledge Local search is used to search the item within the Data manager Tool.

Whereas, in Named serch we have to create the field in the Named search Table then have to assign searches to that field and pass that named search as a parameter to the SRM.

May dis helps you.

If any doubt feel free to Ask.

Regards,

Swapnil....