cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

service centre

Former Member
0 Kudos

how do we do service related scenarios and how do we relate to the earlier order

can some body explain me with steps

thanks

rajan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tell us ur scenarios..! How can v tell u anything when u have barely given us any info.. It's like asking pls help me implement SD module!

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear bala,

Thanks for responding,

we have service at plant scenario and is truck service, how do we configure service center etc.,

what are different steps of service billing -

1. do we have to open a service contract

2. for the inputs that require when doing service like spare parts, do we have to create spare parts sale or can be included in the same bill apart from resource related billing

3. if we are having a seperate material code that is without bom, how do we take up problem related to the parts of it.

i think you understand the above scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

This scenario is covered under Customer Service (CS). Where you will have to define you plant as the maintenance plant.

You can make the Service agreements with the Customer.

For creation of customer warranty go to SAP Easy Access.

SAP Menu - Logistics - Customer Service - Service Agreements - Warranties - Master Warranty - BGM1 - Create

Here you create the warranties to the customer and related terms and conditions and date of validity.

At the time of maintenance of trucks you will have to create the Service order in IW31 and reference this with Warrany that is created for the service.

If you further explore Customer service (CS) you will be able to map this scenario to 100%.

Reward points if helpful.

Regards,

Sheetal

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not easy to suggest anything at such a high level. Still, here are my tips for u.

CS module addresses in two ways. First, field service and second service center repair. Second is more complex since it involves bringing equipments into the service center and hence will involve stock updates. Also, serial no. is important so that u dont bring customer A's equipment and dont give it to customer B.

Now, repair orders and service orders are major transactions in this cycle. But I would suggest that u use a small workaround. Don't use the repair order. Instead use field repair process. Just to acknowledge receipt of customer's truck u can print the order itself or a notification.

1. Do u have 2 open a service contract? It is a process question. Ask the users. Are they have service contracts with the customer?

2. Billing can be done two ways in CS depending what the process is with ur customer. Flat rate for a service. Like 500 rs for engine checkup. Or the truck comes in. You give quotation to customer about what all it will cost him/her. Then you perform job and based on what u actually consumed generate debit memo request. Raise invoice.

3. this point is not clear. equipment BOM helps only in identifying spare parts required for a particular equipment. it is not like the production BOMs where BOM explosion happens triggering MRP.