Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Currency

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

SRM 4.0, server 5.0, backend R/3 4.6C.

Just a short question: When you in the PPOMA for a user define two different currencies, say CAD and USD, and you mark one of the to be default - can it really be true that the user will never be able to change the currency from the default one when making a shopping cart?

The main value of the SC seems to always only be in the default currency, even if you change it manually in the Basic Data of the SC... If I have default currency USD and then in Basic Data of the SC changes this to CAD, then the SRM automatically converts the CAD into USD for the SC? This is a very weird behaviour if it's meant to be standard!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to distinguish 2 things:

1- Currency attribute(CUR) from PPOMA_BBP is used to calculate SC total amount. This amount & currency is used in WF starting conditions.

2- SC item currency is handled separatly:

Catalog items come with their price & currency code

you can select currency for manual items. In that case, the system uses favorites logic, that stores last 5 used values. At the real start of your SRM, favorites are empty. To propose USD by default, you have to create an entry (SE16) in table BBP_CURRENCY_FAV for user ID SAP_DEF_USER.

Furthermore, it is possible to control the favorites using four BADI:

Define Display of Input Helps, Search Helps, and Favorites

Restrict the Display in Input Helps and Search Helps

Internal Temporary Storage of Favorites for Input Helps and Search Helps

Final Saving of Favorites for Input Helps and Search Helps

_In standard, the total value of the SC is converted in the CUR attribute content._

If your CUR is EUR, the total value is in EUR whaever other currencies you may have at line item level.

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

But again - if you have several different CUR attributes, why is it not possible to choose which one you want? I have users that should be able to buy in both CAD and USD, so it doesn't make any sense that the CUR in PPOMA has to be changed for every different purchase they make. If this was the case, then it should only be possible in PPOMA to enter 1 CUR and not several different. What is the purpose of having several CUR in PPOMA then - if the workflow does not have any currency, then adding several CUR in PPOMA will nhot have any effect whatsoever, right?

This type of behaviour is not logic whatsoever... It really should be standard to be able to choose from different currencies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check the currency in your WF starting conditions.

Usually, the attribute CUR in your org structure is the currency used by the WF at "header level". (for example : shopping cart total value)

Of course, if you maintain specific line item starting conditions, you have to make sure that the correct currency is mentionned else you get an issue.

Please go through the links ->

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the effort, Atul - but the information did not help.

My WF starting conditions do not have any default currency selected, and in my PPOMA I have both CAD and USD as CUR and none of them are marked as default.

Therefore it surprises me how this type of behavior can occur. Why is it not possible to change the currency of the total value of the shopping cart? It really doesn't make any sense that it is only possible to change the currency in the basic data/line item of the SC but not on the header.