Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 1067103

corinne_lofts
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I am working on Note 1067103 at the moment and can't seem to find additional info related to lib_dbsl patch 116 (7.00)

The patch description is supposed to be "MSSQL: Transactiob inconsistencies" and should have been in the HOTNEWS at one stage.

Has anyone got links to related documents?

Thank you

Coco

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Coco,

What kind of info are you looking for ?

Regards.

Ruchit Khushu

corinne_lofts
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

We have just installed SP2 on SQL 2005 and I am trying to define exactly what kernel or lib_dbsl to implement for Note 1067103

According to Note 1067103 the following patch or a later one needs to be implemented: 7.00 lib_dbsl patch 116 (We are currently on 087) The only one I can find from the download is patch 140.

From Note 62988 - Service packs for Microsoft SQL Server:

9.00.3042 SQL Server 2005 Support Package 2 (see 1)

(1) : Microsoft's SQL Server client library SNAC contains errors in Release SQL Server 2005, Support Package 2. To avoid data inconsistencies, you must import the latest SAP kernel. For more detailed information, see Note 1067103.

From the 2 Notes I am unsure if the lib_dbsl patch should be installed on its own (it appears as an separate download file on the SMP) and how to do it or if simply the latest kernel should be imported.

Also,

Are the lib_dbsl patches included in the database dependent Kernel patch automatically?

If so how do I find out which Kernel Patch level is high enough to include 7.00 lib_dbsl patch 116? Or should I simply select the latest one as per NOTE 62988 .

When you patch a Kernel can you patch only the Database Dependent part of it to a certain level and the Database Independent part to a different level? Or is it good practice to apply both at the same level? (even so in my case only the database dependent files seem required)

Some Support Stacks do require a certain kernel level before to be applied. Is there a similar dependency: a certain kernel level may require a certain support stack level?

I hope my questions make sense.

Thank you

Coco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Coco,

I would suggest that you go for latest kernel. Kernel patch has no dependency on SP. Hierarchy wise kernel is superior to SPs since SPs work at SAP level while kernel is at OS level.

Regards.

Ruchit Khushu

corinne_lofts
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Ruchit

Answers (0)