cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Services scenario - no WSDL imported

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is that possible to implement XI --> Web Services scenario without importing .wsdl ?

What should I do to do the mapping and set up XI to talk to Web Services properly. Please guide me in details. A helpful blog would do.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try these how to guides:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/befdeb90-0201-0010-059b-f222711d...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/5f3ee9d7-0901-0010-1096-f5b...

and these blogs

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/23/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-1

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/28/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-2

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rokie,

I strictly recommend using the WSDL in your scenario. The SOAP call expects the request structure in a specific format as defined in your WSDL. So it is always better to use the WSDL and not go in for custom structures unless you have a requirement.

RFC -> SOAP

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/23/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-1

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/28/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-2

In the above blog, you can actually see that I have developed a custom structure because of a requirement.

SOAP <-> XI <-> RFC/BAPI

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2007/11/07/walkthrough--soap-xi-rfcbapi

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As Prateek told, you can. But why do you want to get in to troubles? After all WSDLs are meant for other systems to know what they are going to call and how they are going to call..!!

VJ

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is that possible to implement XI --> Web Services scenario without importing .wsdl ?

Yes. But in this case instead of using the structure from wsdl, directly create ur own datatype n msg type, or import the xsd if available. Then this structure will be available for mapping

Regards,

Prateek